Where is the best Ace Hardware store for buying Craftsman tools?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Can you still take in a broken tool and swap it for a new one? I've got a ratchet I'm tired of fighting with.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be a big fan of Craftsman. But lately I've been doing a lot more Kobalt tools and I've been very pleased with them.
I just bought a Kobalt 24V 1/2" cordless impact gun. Holy crap that thing is powerful. I'd put it up against one of my CP air powered impact guns. Also found an adaptor to convert the 1/2" drive to a drill chuck.
I keep it in my truck to use on lug bolts that tire shops hammer in so tight that you can't break them by normal means and for the RV to set the leveling legs.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a Kobalt 24V 1/2" cordless impact gun. Holy crap that thing is powerful. I'd put it up against one of my CP air powered impact guns. Also found an adaptor to convert the 1/2" drive to a drill chuck.
I keep it in my truck to use on lug bolts that tire shops hammer in so tight that you can't break them by normal means and for the RV to set the leveling legs.
These battery powered impacts these days are amazing. I bought a Rigid 18V drill/impact/radio combo kit from HD. That little 1/4" impact is killer. Had to put a fence panel back up because the neighbor wouldn't bother. His fence. Broken pole too, so I put a 2x4 across the panels for support. I bought the biggest longest lag screws HD had, they were about 6" long and maybe 3/8" dia. Pre-drilled the hole, but the drill bit wasn't near long enough. That little impact didn't even break a sweat driving those things home.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both Rigid and Milwaukee 1/4"-drive impacts, and they are screw-driving sons-of-guns, especially if you're using deck screws. My Milwaukee 18V 1/2"-drive impact gun is a heck of a tool, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom