Where the quality hunting gear at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can only speak for Duluth’s underwear, but they’re top notch. Like I said earlier about quality, they ain’t cheap.
I have to ask Santa each year for a couple pairs! Last time I spent $30 on some drawers were for my wife and they came with a matching bra. That way they look nicer when in a pile on the floor! :D

Checked my Carhartt work jeans and they're Hecho en Mexico but still some good quality and durable.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m tired of buy crap gear. Bags and such specifically. Range bags that rip, handles that rip on gun cases. Hunting vests that fray and fall apart after a few years. A year after you buy your sweet new hunting outfit you have a torn pocket on your pants and a ripped shoulder, brighter of which are worth repairing on your made in China textiles.
Where’s the good stuff at? While I don’t have an unlimited budget, I think that over time paying a premium for gear with pay off. I see British guys who go out and buy tailored shooting jackets and hunting apparel that lasts a lifetime. I read about a magazine editor who still hunts wearing his grandfathers woolrich trousers. Where’s the handmade canvas and leather shooting bags that my kids or grandkids will fight over when I’m gone? Where’s the wool, tweed, canvas, brass buckles, and rivets? Where’s the handmade quality?

Im specifically looking for clothes, a shot shell box carrier, a shooting/range bag, a rifle/shotgun sleeve or two, a game/field bag, an upland hunting vest, maybe even a gear bag/duffle. I don’t need molle loops, tactical iPad sleeves, or 20,000 plastic buckles. I’m also open to suggestions as to craftsmen I could get in touch with to have this sort of stuff made. I don’t need to buy it immediately or all at once, I don’t have the funds to. But if I could slowly have my own “kit” made up, I think it would be a worthy lifelong investment.

Look at CC Filson?

Filson | American Heritage Outerwear, Clothing, Bags & More

A friend and myself have some of their stuff!

We always bought it from a semi-local retailer, that discounted a good deal from Filsons catalog prices!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom