Where the quality hunting gear at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Filson makes some pretty good bags and stuff out of what they call tin cloth, I think. Don't remember a lot of their stuff being hunting/shooting specific, but they may have some.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Filson makes some pretty good bags and stuff out of what they call tin cloth, I think. Don't remember a lot of their stuff being hunting/shooting specific, but they may have some.
I have a Filson wool ranchers coat that is my favorite in my closet. It is perfect for temperatures from around 40-55*. If it is colder than that, I toss a zip up hoodie on under it and am good down into single digits with plenty of adjustability to get comfortable.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Midway still carries quality equipment. You have to search it but they do. Cabelas and the like pretty much have junk. Anything quality anymore carries a premium and now that hipsters like to dress like loggers and ranchers, places like LL Bean and Filson are really expensive.

Filson still has quite a bit of fishing and hunting gear.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this today. I was driving on NW Expressway just west of Penn Square Mall and thought of when
Andy Anderson's sporting goods store was there. They had some good stuff. Out of business, torn down, and now a Talbots ladies store is there now.

For some of the things you have mentioned, you should take to several, at least, people near you that do auto truck and boat upholstery repairs. They can, if they want, sew up just about anything. Probably not clothing, but bags and such would be a piece of cake. Then you'll just need some good leather. I have purchased auto/truck leather upholstery from Tandy and Springfield Leather, these are remnants but stillk 50-60 square feet darn cheap.

Good luck to ya.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this today. I was driving on NW Expressway just west of Penn Square Mall and thought of when
Andy Anderson's sporting goods store was there. They had some good stuff. Out of business, torn down, and now a Talbots ladies store is there now.

For some of the things you have mentioned, you should take to several, at least, people near you that do auto truck and boat upholstery repairs. They can, if they want, sew up just about anything. Probably not clothing, but bags and such would be a piece of cake. Then you'll just need some good leather. I have purchased auto/truck leather upholstery from Tandy and Springfield Leather, these are remnants but stillk 50-60 square feet darn cheap.

Good luck to ya.
That’s a good thought. There’s lots of good guys down around the stockyards. I would love to have some nice oiled leather stuff.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many, many, many moons ago Cabelas made some good quality hunting clothes. Now no so much. I still have one upland Jacket and a vest and they are still look good. Now days if you want quality you can buy Sitka, Kuiu and Badlands but is going to cost you. Filson makes top notch clothing.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have clothing from all 3 of these brands:

duckcamp.com
firstlite.com
sitkagear.com

They all make great stuff yet some pieces of clothing cost more than certain firearms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom