Where there is smoke... A public service announcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the reason I investigated is twofold.

One, I have installed and serviced fire alarms for 30 years. I know what the incipient stage is of a fire.
Two, wifey and daughter were out shopping before Christmas and just happened to be around the area we used to live. They said they drove down the street and saw the mailbox with the house numbers on it but no house. My daughter contacted our then next door neighbor who said, it burnt down right after Christmas two years ago. A heater in the pet's area caught the bedding on fire and poof, no more house.

I was determined that was not going to happen. I had even considered calling the fire dept to have them investigate.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A power company in Idaho had one of their service trucks burn up due to a water bottle left on the seat of the truck in direct sunlight much the same as your magnifying glass. They even had a public service announcement to that effect for a while.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A power company in Idaho had one of their service trucks burn up due to a water bottle left on the seat of the truck in direct sunlight much the same as your magnifying glass. They even had a public service announcement to that effect for a while.
I have heard of the same thing happening with sunlight hitting a bottle of hand sanitizer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom