Where to buy AR-15 lowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So guy i tried searching around a little and didn't really see what i was looking for. If you saw my new guy thread you know i'm about to start an Ar-15 ground up project. I'm probably gonna buy alot of parts online since that's where the deals are at, but i'm really wanting to find a place or couple places in the OKC area that can accomodate my needs as well.

I would really like to buy the stripped lower locally to avoid FFL and possibly high shipping costs. Where here sells them, has good prices and a decent selection?

If there isn't a good place locally to buy, who around here is inexpensive and reliable for FFL transfers (closer to Edmond would be best)?

I also want a good brick and mortar store that, at the very least, stocks a wide selection of good AR-15 parts so that i can go actually put my hands on stuff i'm considering and see it up close before i drop the cash on it (like the $230+ Magpul UBR stock i'm looking at). And if they have fairly competitive pricing i wouldn't mind buying a few things occasionally to support local business or if its something i need like 5 mikes ago. Where should i look?

My buddy and i are going around to look at gun stores this weekend since he just moved here, so I may answer some of my own questions. We are going to hit Big Boy's Guns and Ammo, Outdoor America and H&H (just for the selection). I've been around to all these places before but was just browsing handguns and never paid attention to the AR stuff like i should have.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice lowers to be had if someone is willing to part with em.

Seekins SP223, APA, POF, Mega, RRA. The APA, Seekins and POF if that is what you meant by different. IRA has some nice stuff too. for AR-X

Coldhandarms has very good pricing on a lot of parts.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys were spot on. Went by Cold Hand Arms after work today to check it out. I have to say...WOW. I have never met a guy like steve at any gun store or show i have ever been too and fully believe that every one in the business should be like him.

His prices were more than reasonable and on great quality stuff. He had as much knowledge as you could ever ask for and fed me no BS. If he didn't have the answer he didn't do a song and dance, I just got an honest, "I don't know". He was super patient with all my N00b questions and honestly seemed to enjoy interacting with me as a fellow gun guy, not just a customer.

I know they teach it in any customer service industry but i've never seen someone implement this simple principle: Don't tell the customer what they want. He listened to what i said and after hearing that i'm building a battle rifle to be mine and no flashy crap, he helped me find quality products with a reasonable price tag rather than just a name.

He could have probably ended up having me sold on some very pricey parts that i asked about but instead made thoughtful and informed suggestion towards products that would do the job just as well or better at a much better price.

He has not only made a faithful customer for life, but also someone who feels that he is a great human being. I will definitely be recommending him above anywhere to everyone i know. I even have my uncle holding off on buying parts where he lives (in MS) until he comes up next month to spend money in Steve's shop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom