Where to Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I would avoid an ankle holster, for the same reason I'd avoid one for me. It might be even worse for you. It sounds like you can't move you leg towards you to help with draw, which means if someone is holding you, or knocks you leg off the footboard, it could make it difficult or impossible to reach your sidearm.

My suggestion would be one of the underarm (either shoulder holster or holster shirt) type carry methods for offside. Similar to that would be a good crossdraw holster. Some search terms to help you research would be driving holsters for those blessed with full use of their body. It would be a very similar situation. Buckled into a seat with obstructions on each side. Strong side carry is VERY difficult to get to when buckled into a vehicle.

The downside to the holster shirts is that they are an undershirt replacement. The one I have is not comfortable (itchy) after about 4-6 hours depending on temperature and what I'm doing. Also, that means that you have to be able to get under whatever shirt you are wearing over it while seated. This means a button up, and preferably one with snaps, or weak enough buttons you can rip them off one handed fast.

This would do what you want:
http://www.safariland.com/products/...l-77-piranha-pancake-style-holster-10865.html

You can get one for a Glock 19 (what I have) for $39 on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-Piranha-Size-Holster-Glock/dp/B001GZR2NQ?th=1

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
welcome back stan! wear that sucker in an external shoulder rig and tell em to get the heck outta the way!
seriously though, how about a zipper pouch on the arm of your chair or something along those lines

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
welcome back stan! wear that sucker in an external shoulder rig and tell em to get the heck outta the way!
seriously though, how about a zipper pouch on the arm of your chair or something along those lines

I was thinking about that. It would be pretty neat if you could somehow attach a concealment on your chair. That would make for very easy access.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got a holster fits on my calf. Perfect, it's easy to reach ans no printing on pants. It's neoprene comes from a motorcycle shop on the east coast. Thanks for the suggestions folks. The name of the company is LICKS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom