Where to find laws for shooting on private property in the Waukomis, OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klown

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello! I am brand new here and will be moving to the Enid/Waukomis area around the beginning of the year. We are looking at purchasing a property with about 20 acres and would love to be able to go out and target shoot on the property. Where can I find the laws for being able to do so?

Thanks!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like you're not that far from me. I live north of Medford in Grant County. I have a decent set-up so if you like, come on up and shoot with me.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll buy the land, shoot there for 10 years, and then a new neighbor will move in and complain...then you won't be able to shoot there anymore lol.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s outside city limits and you have a safe shooting place, they can go pound sand.

In theory yes. In reality it often doesn't play out that way. Ask the guy who used to run a private range at Thunderbird or the folks at, what was it, Quail Ridge?

Anyway, my post was mostly in sarcastic jest.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the property is in the City Limits of Enid/Waukomis then you must follow the City's rules.
Pretty much. The state and counties don't regulate shooting (unless you're shooting people or game/endangered animals), so you'll have to check the city ordinances. If you're not inside a city's city limits, it's pretty much left up to being a good neighbor.

F'rinstance, my folks live in Cleveland County, so my shooting limitations are basically "don't shoot the neighbor's house and don't shoot the other neighbor's cattle."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s outside city limits and you have a safe shooting place, they can go pound sand.

Exactly. The only neighbor I have is an old guard anti gun liberal that lives 275 yards away. Used to be every time I’d shoot ay my personal berm she called either the sheriff or Game warden. My home is between the berm and her house and all shooting is in the opposite direction from her house. Typically it’s just a few pistol rounds testing a new load. I don’t do mag dumps, etc.
She has even gone so far as to say I shot her house a couple of times which of course never happened.
I think she finally gave up calling it in.
She shot herself last year. Her dog was in a fight with a raccoon so she went outside with a 12 ga, slipped on the wet grass and somehow shot her heel off. I didn’t know anti gun folks owned guns.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, there is a legal db (noise) limit for shooting ranges (measured at their property lines). Not sure if this applies to a private range or not.

I'm sure our legal eagles will know. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom