Where to find laws for shooting on private property in the Waukomis, OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With 20 acres, I assume you're gonna' be outside city limits. I don't think you could find 20 acres inside the Waukomis city limits. Set up your range in a safe, common sense manner, and be a good neighbor. And, since I'm in Enid, just call me and I'll help you break in that range!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. The only neighbor I have is an old guard anti gun liberal that lives 275 yards away. Used to be every time I’d shoot ay my personal berm she called either the sheriff or Game warden. My home is between the berm and her house and all shooting is in the opposite direction from her house. Typically it’s just a few pistol rounds testing a new load. I don’t do mag dumps, etc.
She has even gone so far as to say I shot her house a couple of times which of course never happened.
I think she finally gave up calling it in.
She shot herself last year. Her dog was in a fight with a raccoon so she went outside with a 12 ga, slipped on the wet grass and somehow shot her heel off. I didn’t know anti gun folks owned guns.
I'd have done a mag dump every day and thrown in a few bump fire practice sessions for good measure.

Klown

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. I hope to be moving out there in January. Once we are all set up, I will keep everyone updated on the Range setup!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s outside city limits and you have a safe shooting place, they can go pound sand.
Exactly right. I was shooting at my house out in the country and a neighbor called the police on me. The sheriffs deputy came and talked to me. He checked my setup and said “well you ain’t breaking any laws so I’ll let you get back to it”. Then we talked about what I was shooting. Haven’t had the cops called on me again and I have shot several times since then.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. The only neighbor I have is an old guard anti gun liberal that lives 275 yards away. Used to be every time I’d shoot ay my personal berm she called either the sheriff or Game warden. My home is between the berm and her house and all shooting is in the opposite direction from her house. Typically it’s just a few pistol rounds testing a new load. I don’t do mag dumps, etc.
She has even gone so far as to say I shot her house a couple of times which of course never happened.
I think she finally gave up calling it in.
She shot herself last year. Her dog was in a fight with a raccoon so she went outside with a 12 ga, slipped on the wet grass and somehow shot her heel off. I didn’t know anti gun folks owned guns.

Is the dog OK?

Latest posts

Top Bottom