Where to find OK/AR Catfishing guides for a possible trip.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long story short, have and Uncle and Cousin visiting this October. Uncle grew up fishing with Grandpa along the Arkansas river in the Paris, Arkansas area. Cousin has never been to the river, Uncle would LOVE it if Cousin got a chance to drag some catfish out of the river, kinda like a Generational thing to pass down.

So I'm looking at possibly a couple of options.

1) A catfishing guide who could possibly take 4 people out in a larger boat, maybe a pontoon boat, anchor up and catch some fish for an evening or night.

or

2) Somebody who knows somebody with River access that would allow a trespassing fee for possibly putting some lawn chairs up on the bank, making a campfire to keep the bugs away, maybe drink a beer or two (we're not drunkards), and fish thru one evening..

Just in the "thinking out-loud" phase, trying to figure out if anybody can point me in the right direction.

I would have thought there would be a few cat-fishing guides along the Arkansas, but they're proving to be few and far between, atleast for my Googlefu.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What part of the river?
There are spots near Muskogee on the Verdigris navigation channel and the Arkansas lower down that have bank fishing opportunities.

Really doesn't matter as I'm not familiar with the river and I'll have to drive for a bit anyway, no matter where we end up.

Thanks for the link Crazyfish, you know this fella or anything about him.? Just the type of link I was looking for...

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have never used him, but I have heard from several people that he is great. He used to have a guarantee of 100 lbs of fish in the boat or he gave you another trip free. Not sure if he still does this or not.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never used him, but I have heard from several people that he is great. He used to have a guarantee of 100 lbs of fish in the boat or he gave you another trip free. Not sure if he still does this or not.

Appears he had to amend his guarantee after a few folks took advantage of it, but still seems like he finds all the fish he can. Will probably give him a call.

Thanks for the tips fellas...

Latest posts

Top Bottom