Where to get SBR paperwork signed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do I get them signed? I live in MWC. I called the Sheriff's substation and he referred me to downtown and the number was just warrants so I have to call back Tuesday. So WTF? I need my prints too obviously. I figured it was like the CCW guess not. Thanks.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oklahoma county Sherriffs office. It's at Classen and I think 5th street in the basement of the jail.
Be sure to take cash and bring 1's cause they don't usually give change.

Be sure to have Jon Wetsel sign it and not the undersherriff. I had a form 4 returned because the undersherriff signed it so I had to go back to get Wetsel to do it.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with the Undersheriff or a Captain signing off on my signature blocks, they just have to write down the Sheriff's name in there as well.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with the Undersheriff or a Captain signing off on my signature blocks, they just have to write down the Sheriff's name in there as well.

I didn't think I would have a problem with it, but my examiner sent my papers back and said the Sherriff himself must sign it.\
I guess it all depends on which examiner you get. I forgot who it was exactly, but when I get off work I'll look at my papers and say who it was.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's odd that they sent it back since it is in the instructions saying that either the Chief Law Enforcement Officer or their designated appointee can sign the paperwork. Maybe it's a newb that got your paperwork.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at one of my Form 1 forms under the signature block area and it partially says, "If someone has specific delegated authority to sign on behalf of the Chief of Police, Sheriff, etc., this fact much be noted by printing the Chief's, Sheriff's, or other authorized official's name and title, followed by the word "by" and the full signature and title of the delegated person."

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am about to start tens at work so finding Whetsel or any one else to sign it will be a joke. I don't doubt they send them back for not having his signature on it. It is all BS in my opinion jumping through hoops so you won't SBR your rifle. Thanks for the help! I didn't realize how serious one signature was!

Latest posts

Top Bottom