Where to land, which county?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't wait too long, lest all that equity vanish into thin air.

Happened to my brother in law, they had a bunch of equity in a house in CA, had big plans to sell the place and move back to Oklahoma with a big wad of cash and be set with a nice place paid for.....housing bubble burst, he defaulted and walked away from the mortgage owing money.

I'd be surprised to see anything decent within 15-20 minutes of Sapulpa selling for less than $2000+ an acre. Anything with "live water" will probably bring more and prices will escalate as the economy grows.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happened to my brother in law, they had a bunch of equity in a house in CA, had big plans to sell the place and move back to Oklahoma with a big wad of cash and be set with a nice place paid for.....housing bubble burst, he defaulted and walked away from the mortgage owing money.

I'd be surprised to see anything decent within 15-20 minutes of Sapulpa selling for less than $2000+ an acre. Anything with "live water" will probably bring more and prices will escalate as the economy grows.

Yep. My aunt made it out just in time. She sold her 1 BR studio in the Hollyweird hills for $679k. Right after the bottom fell out. Real desirable area, but had she waited it would have just sat. She had already bought her house on Grand lake but at least she had the $$$ to pay it off and renovate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. My aunt made it out just in time. She sold her 1 BR studio in the Hollyweird hills for $679k. Right after the bottom fell out. Real desirable area, but had she waited it would have just sat. She had already bought her house on Grand lake but at least she had the $$$ to pay it off and renovate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. We have had our home since 2002 and have gone through the first real estate bubble in 2008. Our little area we live (city, community) was of course affect by the bubble but not as much as most other markets. It is a unique situation. At the bottom of the crash in 2008-10 we still had approx $300K in equity in our home. Currently pushing $850K+ in equity. My wife and i spoke several weeks ago and i told her that if the market takes a huge dump between now and the move we will lease our home here, move and rent in Sapulpa for a few years until the market bounces back then sell our house and by our land. Even in a down market we can still get more in lease that ur current mortgage payment. So long as china does not invade or rocketman doesn't get a direct hit on our house we should never be upside down with our home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom