Where to sell or consign?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcorral

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I searched but nothing turned up. Any places in Oklahoma that specialize in buying high-end used rifles? I need to sell a couple in order to pay some debt in order to get a car. I doubt a regular pawn shop would have any idea what they're looking at.

I listed them on here but afraid they may take a long time since they're not bottom of the barrel bargain busters.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/fs-fn-scar-17s-loaded-nightforce-trijicon-kinetic.254543/

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/fs-barrett-rec7-ar15-w-specter-dr-and-more.254541/

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're likely better off splitting everything up. Very few people here or anywhere else will drop the kind of money you're looking for on these firearms. They aren't collectible, just nice shooter grade firearms. I'm not bashing them by any means so please don't take it that way. I think you know that you will lose your shirt on these compared to what you have in them. The people who can afford the higher end stuff also like to make it their own. You are more likely to find someone who wants the trigger in the SCAR or the optic on it, but all together as a package for things the end user probably wouldn't have picked if they were starting from scratch means it has to be a serious bargain or they won't even look twice. I say break it all up and take your financial lumps.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any resell business will generally only lay about 50% of what it is worth. At 50% of the going rate, it would sell on OSA pretty fast. You are better off parting rifles out, no one wants all of the same custom items as you so it will be much harder to sell the complete rifle than parting it out.

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I’ve learned about consigning. Dongs will take 40% of sale, Sportsworld 30%. The pawn shop in Bristow charges 8% of the sale. They also don’t charge tax on gun sales.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my experience, if you want to maximize value, you're going to have to put in the legwork. Pull all the optics and sell them separately. If there is a good market for your aftermarket parts and accessories, sell them separately as well. You're probably going to take a hit, especially with the current administration being republican. Not being political, just how it is. You need to take a ton of high quality pics and put it on gunbroker. Alternatively you could hold on to it. If the political climate changes you may get most of your money back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom