Where to shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Wirth

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi first of all, new here :)

Found this old thread... does anyone know a place (public land or range) where you can shoot 1 to 2 miles far? Preferably near Tulsa but wouldn't mind driving a bit either.

Thanks!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! Can't help you with the 1 to 2 mile rifle range, but I bet there are some folks here who can. I know Fouled Bore has "long range," but I don't know just how 'long' that is.

recoiladdict

New to the site!
Reaction score
I kind of had 2 questions.

First: Anyone know the laws of shooting on public land? I've been trying to get some information on it, but I can't seem to find any. I know of people who shoot on public land, but it seems sketchy to me. Not to mention other, let's say less than desirable gun handlers, also use the area. I wouldn't mind shooting on public land if it was both Legal, and there was some way for me to insure myself that some pyscho with his twelve adult children weren't going to bother me with their activities.

Second: Does anyone know of a cheap, but decent, range to shoot at in the Tulsa area? I will mostly be shooting my new pistol (SA XD40), but I wouldn't mind plinking a bit with my 10/22 and maybe putting some lead down range with an AR15.

This is only coming up now because my garden has grown and now resides in front of the dirt-stop on my land, otherwise I would just continue to shoot at my home, where I make the rules.

Thanks!

recoiladdict

New to the site!
Reaction score
I know this post is a couple of years old but i been looking for some places my self and found this post. I am not familiar with the place your talking about but i know of a spot that some buddies and i would go to along w 11th st on the north side of the river going toward the dam just before shell creek. ( i dont know if its legal to shoot there anymore) but you could pull off the road and drive down a small sketchy hill and it was a bunch of sand and three dirt hills to shoot in to. good spot but the dirt hills were in such a position that when you shoot you were facing the road the road is elevated above the dirt and we would always carful to watch for cars just in case and let them pass before shooting but all in all pretty safe if who ever is pulling the trigger has a noodle in they're head. and there would be at times some pretty questionable caricatures out there to. the last time i was there they had put up a gaurd rail right in front of the drive where you pulled in a lot of people would go dump and burn trash and god only knows what. i guess thats why they shut it off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom