Where to start? Reloading by a newbie.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Start cheap.... those rifle rounds and the components to load them are going to be expensive. If you start with a pistol round and decide "this sucks" , then you will be out minimal money and then if you cannot find a buyer for your equipment the paper weights will not rankle as bad LOL.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started with the caliber I use the most. I reloaded 223 first. Makes the initial purchase more worthwhile if your getting a return faster. Other benefit is that components are pretty available.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is great thank you!
if you re close me me I will show you my setup and walk you thru my process if that helps. When I started i read all the books and was still somewhat concerned about it. Had a friend stop over and he reloaded a few rounds. to demonstrate. Sometimes the books make it look far more complicated than it is.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a self taught handloader, and I load for 12 calibers, 12 ga, and 20 ga. I started loading rifle cartridges on Lee Loaders. Now, I use Lee hand presses to load 11 of the calibers. I load 45acp on a Dillon 650, and I have MEC Sizemasters in 12 and 20.

Latest posts

Top Bottom