Where's Dave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. This sad news. I started reading the usual witty banter thinking for sure he's post a quick note of "all's well". Shocked to read his obituary. Really reminds me how lucky we are and how short life can be. I pray he's at peace.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was my impression as well, but I don't even know whether they were a couple (the boy's last name is hyphenated). Just struggling to find answers as to why this happened.

I guess it's a moot point anyway. :/

I hear ya'. If he really did take his own life, there are questions we will never have answered. I have long thought that, for a person to actually go through with suicide, there was already something basically 'flawed' in their minds that we will never fully understand. Their thought processes are different. What seems entirely rational to them, is not at all rational to us. As they say, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if he was deceased for quite a while before he was found. I think that may be very possible if he lived alone and didn't have anyone that was used to seeing him regularly. That might explain why he wasn't responding and then weeks later he's gone. Just what I knew of him, he didn't seem like a fella that woulda gone silent and then taken his life. I hope he died peacefully in his sleep or something instead of killing himself.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didnt Dave make a post a while back about rolling his explorer? I thought I read something lately, but I don’t remember the timing of the accident. Or if it was him in the vehicle, but it seems it was him.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if he was deceased for quite a while before he was found. I think that may be very possible if he lived alone and didn't have anyone that was used to seeing him regularly. That might explain why he wasn't responding and then weeks later he's gone. Just what I knew of him, he didn't seem like a fella that woulda gone silent and then taken his life. I hope he died peacefully in his sleep or something instead of killing himself.

We could hope, but he actually logged on here the afternoon the obit says he died.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have stopped posting on this forum because of differences with the moderators on a power trip, as many others have done the same. But, I wanted to post about Dave. Dave was great guy, as are most members on here are, great guys. Dave helped me out, by reading court documents, about my grandson's custody. He helped me get a passport for him. Dave also answered several other questions about property I was invested in, when people filed bankruptcy. Dave never asked for a dime, or even dinner. Oklahoma, is missing a great man.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well we don't really know how he passed away. Just for the record, a heart attack or a half dozen other ailments that we associate with older folks can cause death at his age.
My wifes best friend lost her husband at 36 years old, and I lost a coworker to a heart attack that was 38. He went to the hospital with chest pains, was given a bottle of some antacid and sent home. When he walked into the front door, he fell forward dead before he hit the ground.
What I'm saying is that we shouldn't assume it was a self inflicted death until we know the facts.
RIP Dave.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
True, he could have fallen ill with pneumonia or something the last few weeks, could have had a heart attack and has been in the hospital, etc. Without someone knowing him IRL, it's all just speculation. One of my classmates from med school posted on FB a couple weeks ago about his younger sister (in her 30s, I think) dying from the flu. Even young healthy folks fall victim to some oddball situations.

Dave, buddy, we'll miss you. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, he could have fallen ill with pneumonia or something the last few weeks, could have had a heart attack and has been in the hospital, etc. Without someone knowing him IRL, it's all just speculation. One of my classmates from med school posted on FB a couple weeks ago about his younger sister (in her 30s, I think) dying from the flu. Even young healthy folks fall victim to some oddball situations.

Dave, buddy, we'll miss you. :(
Just the stinking flu killed 80,000 last year and not all were old or infants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom