Where's your best place to live and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Say everything has fallen into place and you have plenty of money, your family is willing to go, if you need/want work it is available when you get there, etc. Where would you go and would it be because of climate, recreational opportunities, educational opportunities, remoteness, the view out your windows or whatever? Where would you be if you really were "living the dream"?

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the winning ticket in that $700 million lotto the other day was sold in Maryland, not Oklahoma. LOL.
Because of climate I'd want a couple of places, in hot weather spend a few months in Montana or Idaho maybe and most of the year in New Mexico or Arizona.
I hate mowing, weeding etc so I'd want somewhere with a fairly dry climate in both places.
A few rocks and some cactus sounds like nice landscaping to me.

The_Gregors

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in Minnesota right now, but looking to move soon. I am really curious to see what people say and am wondering how many people want to stay in OK. I am thinking about moving to:

Idaho (family, outdoor activities, occasional snow)
Oklahoma (job is located here, weather, ?????)

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would move about 300 miles east, preferably somewhere on Mt. Sherman between Ponca and Jasper with easy access to the Buffalo River...

07.jpg

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right where I am now. Far enough out I can shoot in my back yard but still only 20 min from downtown Tulsa. Weather really isn't that bad and the cost of living makes it so we can live pretty durn good on retirement income. I spent half of my adult life in southern California with some time in Florida. No thanks.. too many people and too many cars.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We lived in Houston for 10 years and left for three reasons...ridiculous traffic, oppressive heat/humidity, and year around mosquitos. We could have moved anywhere, Decided to return to Oklahoma, here we have 4 seasons, nice people, reasonable cost of living, low taxes, and family.

places like Tulsa have everything a large city does and very few of the negatives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom