Where's your best place to live and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, One of my dream places to live would be outside the small town of Ennis Montana. Located in the Madison Valley in the far SW area of Montana and about 90 minutes SW of Bozeman, MT. Ennis is located on one of the best trout fisheriies in the US, the Madison River. It is an absolutely incedible area. The town of Ennis is a small cowboy town and is just a place i love. Having a nice 20 acre piece of property outside of Ennis is my dream. MOre than enough BLM and forest service land to be able to hunt and recreate on. No need to own hundreds of acres.

My brother any I already own a home on Kauai so that could be our outlet to get away from the cold. In the end we will probably always own land in OK as a home base for our life's adventures.

Madison River
View attachment 190183

Town of Ennis, MT
View attachment 190184

Place on Kauai
View attachment 190185
Beautiful Kauai home. How does owning a home that far remote work out for you? Do you rent/lease it out? Employ a caretaker? Use it very often? Sorry, not trying to be so nosey--just curious about your experience with it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to think, that if I were in my right mind, I could live anywhere. But Papa Bear's porridge is too hot and Mama Bear's
porridge is too cold. I sort of misrepresent Baby Bear's porridge as being just right.
I'm just weary of griping about stuff.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful Kauai home. How does owning a home that far remote work out for you? Do you rent/lease it out? Employ a caretaker? Use it very often? Sorry, not trying to be so nosey--just curious about your experience with it.

The home is not that remote, really. For full disclosure, my brother and I inherited the home from our parents. My parents are still alive and live in the home as if they still own it but are technically renters. It took about a 10 years but was legally transfered to us so when my parents pass on the home will not be part of their estate thus not having any death tax implications as it will have already been in our ownership.

It's an incredible home in a fantastic location but i could never live there full time. Local law does not allow for any more vacation rental properties in the area. When my parents pass we will rent to family and friends under the table. Dependent on cost to own and maintain we are not sure whether we will continue to own or end up selling down the line.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Won't be far from there this summer. May have to throw a fly on the Madison. It's a gold medal river.
Dennis, can i ask what your plans are for this summer. Taking the RV? Where you staying? Our family vacations in SW Montana every summer and know the Ennis/Madison Valley/Bozeman area fairly well. I can at least give you some ideas on places to visit. If my son chooses to attend Montana State University well be up there for a couple weeks next summer too.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to say Colorado, until I left there 2 years ago to move here to Oklahoma. Politics and the "Culture War", along with and fueled by all the California transplants destroyed it.
Now days, I think Oklahoma is at the top of the list with the lifestyle I live. Colorado is still, to this day, the.most beautiful place on earth. Oklahoma is where I will die. Unless of course everyone in charge here gets castrated and sets this state aflame along with the rest.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right about here from March 1st to the close of deer season. As long as I can see these Hills I feel like I am home.

www.fototime.com_9154151C5E433AD_medium800.jpg

After deer season closes, not here.

www.fototime.com_3C6915AE1878977_medium800.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The home is not that remote, really. For full disclosure, my brother and I inherited the home from our parents. My parents are still alive and live in the home as if they still own it but are technically renters. It took about a 10 years but was legally transferred to us so when my parents pass on the home will not be part of their estate thus not having any death tax implications as it will have already been in our ownership.

It's an incredible home in a fantastic location but i could never live there full time. Local law does not allow for any more vacation rental properties in the area. When my parents pass we will rent to family and friends under the table. Dependent on cost to own and maintain we are not sure whether we will continue to own or end up selling down the line.
Can I be your friend?

Latest posts

Top Bottom