Where's your phone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Caught an older episode of Ballistic Radio podcast yesterday and they brought up a good point. Something that highlighted a weakness in my own EDC configuration.

Get dressed, put everything on. Put everything where it normally is. Wallet, keys phone etc...and put your gun on.

Now, draw your firearm, simulating covering down on an intruder or maintaining cover on someone you just shot. Then try to access your phone to call 911, with weapon still drawn.

I almost always carry my phone in my right rear jeans pocket. I carry my gun on my right side and shoot righty. Accessing my phone would require re-holstering/re-pocketing or switching hands to get to the phone. Less than ideal in some situations.

Not a show-stopper but a neat exercise in maybe finding a better configuration and avoiding fumbling during an already stressful event.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Adam 12 : Can I use your phone?

I am in that realm of reality ,, my phone hangs on the wall or sits on a table at the house has a wire going to it to make it work.

Guess I don't need to worry as I don't carry a gun either.

So neither one will be drawn too quickly.

At least I am not using the rotary dial one. Although it still works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom