Whew! Cleaned 29 Magazines...some down; more to go...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rarely clean my mags and have zero mag failures in my competition guns. I hate watching the people at the back of the match cleaning mags after every stage. Its not necessary and they are using it for a crutch to not go down range and tape targets and reset steel.

Shoulda shot a match with my Limited gun. The gun was solid as granite but if the mags hit the dirt you were brushing them no ifs, ands, or buts. If they hit the dirt you could forget about loading them again before cleaning. That's one of the reasons I'll never go open. I ain't babysitting mags ever again and I ain't having to carry my gun in a cover. I'll stick with the plastic fantastics or revolvers if the 1911s ever go down.

Edit: I shot my M&P for damn near a year while my Limited gun was being built. I never once took the TF extensions off of the mags. They had dirt, sand and a rock or two, one had a broken follower and they still ran perfect.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoulda shot a match with my Limited gun. The gun was solid as granite but if the mags hit the dirt you were brushing them no ifs, ands, or buts. If they hit the dirt you could forget about loading them again before cleaning. That's one of the reasons I'll never go open. I ain't babysitting mags ever again and I ain't having to carry my gun in a cover. I'll stick with the plastic fantastics or revolvers if the 1911s ever go down.

Edit: I shot my M&P for damn near a year while my Limited gun was being built. I never once took the TF extensions off of the mags. They had dirt, sand and a rock or two, one had a broken follower and they still ran perfect.

I'm not familiar with how a limited gun is set up. What makes them sensitive to magazines that aren't immaculately clean?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with how a limited gun is set up. What makes them sensitive to magazines that aren't immaculately clean?

As far as the gun goes, nothing. The extended double stack mags just don't feed ammo to them unless clean because the followers just seem to stick in place. STI/SV mags do it too. Mine was Caspian.

Latest posts

Top Bottom