Which .45 can should I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Haggard

I have my NFA trust done. ( thank you honeybee. ) I was just looking for some insight on what the best .45 suppressor is, or opinions on which one I should buy. I have never shot a suppressed .45. The only gun I have ever shot suppressed was a .22 . I know there are alot of options out there so anyone with some knowledge please let me know. The can will be going on a HK Mark23.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't shot a. 45 suppressed yet but I do have a fnp 45 tactical, and after calling the NFA branch today I found out I was APPROVED for my. 45 osprey on may 1st. Ill let u know how it is once I pick it up. I think the two hottest. 45 suppressors on the market right now are the osprey 45, and aac's tirant.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Tirant or osprey. Or don't buy a .45 can. Anything else will be a big disappointment.

I'm partial to the Tirant myself for its cleanability

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Haggard

I haven't shot a. 45 suppressed yet but I do have a fnp 45 tactical, and after calling the NFA branch today I found out I was APPROVED for my. 45 osprey on may 1st. Ill let u know how it is once I pick it up. I think the two hottest. 45 suppressors on the market right now are the osprey 45, and aac's tirant.
yeah let me know

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Gemtech Blackside on a H&K USP Tactical . You are welcome to come to Ponca City and shoot it. It doesn't compare with how quiet that can in the clip is. I sent it in to Gemtech to have the mount changed and their service sucked (so did TK Supply of Tulsa that lied to me when I bought the Blackside). There is a dry pistol suppressor on the market now but,I don't remember who makes it.

H

Haggard

The Tirant or osprey. Or don't buy a .45 can. Anything else will be a big disappointment.

I'm partial to the Tirant myself for its cleanability
I have been on AAC and silencerco websites. I will probably go with the AAC can since u said its easier to clean. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Haggard

I have a Gemtech Blackside on a H&K USP Tactical . You are welcome to come to Ponca City and shoot it. It doesn't compare with how quiet that can in the clip is. I sent it in to Gemtech to have the mount changed and their service sucked (so did TK Supply of Tulsa that lied to me when I bought the Blackside). There is a dry pistol suppressor on the market now but,I don't remember who makes it.
I have family in Blackwell, I might take you up on that offer the next time im in the Ponca area.Thanks!

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a TiRant and love it. I think the choice is a matter of preference in looks. If you like the standard cylinder look, go TiRant. If you want something different that is squared off and doesn't require raised sight, go Osprey. I could be wrong but I think those two are the only ones on the market considered to be safe to shoot without protection when shot dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom