Which 9mm range gun for the sole purpose of shooting suppressed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 17. Either buy an extended/threaded barrel (KKM, Barsto, Lone Wolf, etc..) or have Tornado Tech. extend and thread your factory barrel (that is what I did).

img.photobucket.com_albums_v389_CAR_AR_M16_Glock17.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get a G-17 and have a factory G-34 barrel extended, or any of the several threaded aftermarket barrels as previously mentioned. I went with a Bar-Sto on my G-17.

For strictly a range gun, I'd opt to spend a little more and get a threaded barrel for a quality 1911 in 9mm. You'd have a fairly accurate gun with a much better trigger than most.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i guess i did buy one just to shoot and for home defense.

A S&W 5906 all steel pistol. 38 ounces unloaded and 41 ounces loaded. DA/SA. Not a fan of the DA but the SA is a very short pull. Big grip, sights OK, comfortable to shoot.

I really enjoy shooting this heavy, low recoil gun at the range. The key is the weight.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i agree with the s&w m&p... they sell a 2 barrel combo that includes a 1/2 28 and a regular barrel. i wanna say it should be about 550. you should be able to sell the extra barrel to a mp40 owner as a conversion barrel. thata way your host gun could be in the neighborhood of 450...

otoh, robertson trading post on gunsamerica has cz75s for 369. cz usa has 6" extended barrels ordered, but they need to be fittedd to your gun. that costs 100 to 120 by them. you could do that yourself though. then a cutf and thread job will cos ya 40 to 150...

glocks have a lot of aftermarket support. advtg arms makes hi cap 22 lr mags now (25 rds)

good luck and have fun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom