Which Handheld Priming Tool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All these years, I have been utilizing the priming arm on my press. I'm thinking of buying a handheld priming tool. I want one that uses standard shell holders. Which one do you use, and why do you prefer it? TIA!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the RCBS Hand Priming Tool. It uses the standard shell holders that are used in the Rock Chucker press. I have a couple Hornady shell holders that also work that I purchased when I wasn't able to get the RCBS shell holder locally.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Lee and an RCBS. My RCBS also uses standard shell holders, but without checking I'd be confident in saying you can get the Lee and a full set of shell holders for less than the cost of the RCBS without shell holders.

The RCBS is better quality and easier to use, and will probably last more than a lifetime, but you have to decide if you want to pay the extra cost for it.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an older lee that worked well but when it gave up I tried the new Lee and wasn’t impressed. If I buy another one it’ll probably be Frankford Arsenals. @Lonewatie didnt you tell me you had one that worked well?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use this one from RCBS. No shell holders required.

s-l640.jpg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an older lee that worked well but when it gave up I tried the new Lee and wasn’t impressed. If I buy another one it’ll probably be Frankford Arsenals. @Lonewatie didnt you tell me you had one that worked well?
the FA one looks pretty nice and comes with a set of shell holders. Whenever I am tempted it is the FA that gets me to look twice. I just haven't felt the need to buy one yet.

Or a guy could just throw down on the 21st century and never look back I guess.

http://www.xxicsi.com/stainless-steel-priming-tool.html

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cowcatcher, do you have a ammo manufacturing assembly line going yet? One kid priming, one kid charging and another seating bullets and you over seeing QC?

Latest posts

Top Bottom