Which is your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy shooting all my guns (now that I no longer own a mouse gun) but my favorite rifle to shoot is the 54 cal Hawken's. Been thinking that I need to get a BP revolver and wanted the group input on what you folks like.
20200316_144442.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy shooting all my guns (now that I no longer own a mouse gun) but my favorite rifle to shoot is the 54 cal Hawken's. Been thinking that I need to get a BP revolver and wanted the group input on what you folks like. View attachment 276050
That looks remarkably similar to a Renegade, not a Hawken.

It is, IMHO what a muzzleloading deer rifle should be.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 1858 Remington and the 1860 Colt/Army. Both are sweet guns but my favorite hands down is the 1858. That top strap adds strength to the platform and the overall design is Waaaaaayyyy simpler to take down for maintenance. The takedown for the 1860 involves a punch, a hammer and three hands. The 1858 is as simple as a Ruger Blackhawk.
Plus, it looks better than the 1860 but that's just my opinion.
The 1860 is fitted to accept a removable buttstock; good luck finding one of those but it is still cool knowing it can accommodate one.

Still hoping to stumble upon a Ruger Old Army one day. The loading manuals have a separate loading section for those beasts, comparable to the original 1847 Walker.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Not the same age as yall, 43yo.

Different era I guess with very different preferences lol.

This is my favorite to shoot, while it is particular on mags (must be an OEM G21), kriss makes the extension for it to up that count from 13 to 30!

It is 45acp as are all G1 vectors, all I have done is the eotech 512, and the foregrip. Recoil is zero issue on this platform. Range is! I have found that this crimson trace green dot laser works the best.

Have since removed the eotech and put on my CZ scorpion, just used the irons and that laser.

If you can see the laser that is where the round will hit.

Attachments

• 20220331_163027.jpg
    20220331_163027.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My very first gun was an 1858 new model army kit gun. I put it together somewhere around 1970 and still have it. I have shot nothing but real black powder in it. I cant see me ever selling it and hope which ever of my sons ends up with it takes care of it like I have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom