Which molle/rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redleg45

Marksman
Reaction score
Tactical Tailor for molle rig/pouches/etc. Blackhawk Serpa for holster. I wore one on my IBA for a year in Iraq and never regretted the choice. You definately want the hydration system to be seperate from the rest of your rig.

PITT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run an SO Tech Hellkat MK1 with the hydration carrier and bib. Great thing about that rig is you can stip it down to just the chest rig or load it up with everything you can want. I also have an HSGI Weesatch, another good rig that can carry plates. As far as pouches both the Hellkat and Weesatch have internal mag pouches but you can cinch them down and add pouches to your liking. I run everything from Tac Tailor, HSGI, SOTech, TAG, Blackwater, and a number of custom pouches I had made by a buddy.

Reaction score
http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/

These guys have some excellent products, very well thought out and constructed. I'm currently running one of their custom chest rigs here in Baghdad and am very pleased with it. They are a bit on the high end scale as far as price, but that is relative on its role in your life. If your likely to loose your life if equipment fails its worth every cent. If not then it is just a luxury and I'm sure you can find a more cost effective product that will fit your needs.

At the end of the day... What works for you works for you.

Take a look at what some of the people are running around you, get hands on experience with the equipment and figure out what works best for you.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The downside to integrated hydration packs is that they are really hot. You get this awesome, breathable mesh vest, but then have a hydration pack on the inside of it strapped on your back, right against your skin. I'd rather have a separate camel back. Much more versatile. Wear the hydration pack alone, under the vest, over the vest, depending on what you need at the time.

True, unless the hydration carrier is built into a strap and pouch style rig (not a vest) like the Hellcat and Falcon...and others. Plenty of breathability still. If you're wearing armor, the hydration pack is going to be over your back plate anway.

To be honest though, I never got used to the bladder being back there...always felt strange leaning back on it...like I was afraid I was going to spring a leak...LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom