Which political party do you belont?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which political party do you belong?

• Republican

Votes: 61 62.9%
  • Democrat

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Independant

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • None-ya....None-ya business :-)

Votes: 10 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

one-non-blonde

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's the decent choices? The poll is dominated by the two worst parties going - why?

Where's the Constitution Party, Reform Party, and Green Party?

Me, Constitution Party.

Good point...didn't think of that as I was too mad over the unsolicited polical email I received this morning.

Start a write-in on the poll for other party - 1 vote.

ONB

Reaction score
I don't think any of those parties have the numbers to pull a majority vote

Ok, fine. But what's that got to do with anything, particularly the question asked? :D The WAY a third party becomes viable is by exposure/discussion/momentum, so if the question is, which party, in a vacuum, is best, or which party do you actually belong to, then that's the highly appropriate time to talk about and espouse the virtues of one's minority third parties, not limit the poll and discussion to the two worst parties - the two wings of the republicat uniparty that work together to suppress third parties and continue to take our country in the wrong directions on almost all fronts, regardless of which wing is in power at the moment.

I would rank the parties in order like this, in terms of coming the closest to representing my views:

1. Constitution Party
2. Reform Party
3. Libertarian Party
4. Green Party
5. (second to worst) Republican Party
6. (last and least) Democrat Party

None are ideal. I think the greatest thing would be if the powers that be at the 4 minority parties, or perhaps 3 of the 4, would overlook their differences and combine their forces and meld the best parts of the minority parties (strict construction of the constitution in re 2nd, 10th, 4th, 5th, 7th, and 1st amendments - particularly the 2nd and 10th, fiscal responsibility and smaller government size at the federal level [including greatly reduced federal tax burden and a switch from income tax to national sales tax excluding food & other necessities], social libertarianism, and a populist approach to the economy [yes that means tarriffs, leaving NAFTA etc. to protect our own manufacturing economy -will pull in the unions], non-interventionist foreign policy, and strongly protect the environment & consumer to pull in the Greens), I think such a party could really be viable to oust some of the Rs and Ds and give us 3 choices instead of two come election day. Choices are good, and the two-party system sucks hairy gonads.

Ron Paul is the best example of such a politician (although he doesn't align exactly of course) - we need more Ron Pauls and more charismatic Ron Pauls, and we need to get the minority parties talking to find their common ground and combine their forces to actually get some real power created.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Down with the party system, Im registered American!

.....but down at the election board on "listed" as Republican.

When I vote, I vote person not party, I believe straight line voting is moronic in its conception.

~Stephen

The AmberLynn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. But what's that got to do with anything, particularly the question asked? The WAY a third party becomes viable is by exposure/discussion/momentum, so if the question is, which party, in a vacuum, is best, or which party do you actually belong to, then that's the highly appropriate time to talk about and espouse the virtues of one's minority third parties, not limit the poll and discussion to the two worst parties - the two wings of the republicat uniparty that work together to suppress third parties and continue to take our country in the wrong directions on almost all fronts, regardless of which wing is in power at the moment.

I would rank the parties in order like this, in terms of coming the closest to representing my views:

1. Constitution Party
2. Reform Party
3. Libertarian Party
4. Green Party
5. (second to worst) Republican Party
6. (last and least) Democrat Party

None are ideal. I think the greatest thing would be if the powers that be at the 4 minority parties, or perhaps 3 of the 4, would combine their forces and meld the best parts of the minority parties (strict construction of the constitution in re 2nd, 10th, 4th, 5th, 1st amendments - particularly the 2nd and 10th, fiscal responsibility and smaller government size at the federal level, social libertarianism, and a populist approach to the economy - yes that means tarriffs, leaving NAFTA etc. to protect our own manufacturing economy, non-interventionist foreign policy, and strongly protect the environment to pull in the Greens), I think such a party could really be viable to oust some of the Rs and Ds and give us 3 choices instead of two come election day. Choices are good, and the two-party system sucks hairy gonads.

Rather than throwing away my vote on someone who has no chance at winning, I vote for a lesser of two, like many others here. Even though neither of the major parties acurately represent me.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides, its near impossible to get on the ballots in all 50 states unless you have a HUGE team of attorneys, HUGE amounts of funding, and are either Democrat or Republican.

Heck, the two majors can be late in filing their paperwork and STILL get on the ballot. (Obama had not even been nominated before the Texas filing deadline of 5PM on Aug. 26 and McCain did not have a running mate, yet they were still on the ballot.)

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Raised a Democrat because: 1) I'm from OK; 2) before Reagan, a Republican had little choice in primaries. Became a Republican, switched to Independent and consider myself a Constitutionalist.

Now registered Republican but don't care much for them. They have failed us miserably the last decade or so. I've decided to stay with the Republicans rather than go all out Independent. I think the answer to saving us is to reform the Republican party rather than building a strong independent party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom