Which political party do you belont?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which political party do you belong?

• Republican

Votes: 61 62.9%
  • Democrat

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Independant

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • None-ya....None-ya business :-)

Votes: 10 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been told (and read on the State Election Board site) that Oklahoma is a closed primary state, and therefore you can't vote in another party's primary. Am I misinformed? Or do your local candidates all come from the same party like mine?

I'm just special. ;)

Obviously we can only vote in the primaries of the party we're registered in, but if not registered in one of the two big ones (Dem/Rep), we're left on the sidelines until the final vote.

SKTK135

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In general over the last few years I have developed an absolute disdain for politicians of ANY flavor. Local, state or federal. I think they are no better than the criminals I deal with on the job. In fact they are worse, they get away with it all too often. They are only in it for their own sorry A$$ and have no concern or regard for this great nation.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In general over the last few years I have developed an absolute disdain for politicians of ANY flavor. Local, state or federal. I think they are no better than the criminals I deal with on the job. In fact they are worse, they get away with it all too often. They are only in it for their own sorry A$$ and have no concern or regard for this great nation.

:werd:

Politicians are puppets for the lobbyists, which explains why you and I are screwed.

GolfWhiskey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lately I was thinkin it would be great to see Palins husband punch Letterman on the nose!!!!

Pelosi and Feinstein make you puke, but you're cool with Todd Palin? The same guy who believes Alaska should secede from the Union?

You realize that acting on that belief would be actual treason, don't you?

It's really scary the amount of cognitive dissonance I see in some people.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rather than throwing away my vote on someone who has no chance at winning, I vote for a lesser of two, like many others here. Even though neither of the major parties acurately represent me.

I understand that...so okay do it at the ballot box this time, BUT after that is the time to pull together support for your "third party" so when the next election rolls around you won't feel that way. :anyone:

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was registered independent up untill this past election year when I switched to republican. I have usually voted republican anyway, since I have always worked in shops that build oil field equiptment.

Yep me too, until I got laid off. I worked for Bronco Drilling And Patterson Drilling. Im a successful bailbondsman now though...Republican all the way.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Pelosi and Feinstein make you puke, but you're cool with Todd Palin? The same guy who believes Alaska should secede from the Union?

You realize that acting on that belief would be actual treason, don't you?

It's really scary the amount of cognitive dissonance I see in some people.

Some times a little treason is good for the soul.

To wit-

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, - That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

More here - http://www.ushistory.org/Declaration/document/index.htm

Latest posts

Top Bottom