Which type of "iron" sights do you prefer for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which sights?

• Standard Black

• White Dot

• Fiber Optic

• Night Sights

• Combo of several

• Other (only here so the holo people can still see the poll results)

Results are only viewable after voting.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something that stands out in the front and a blacked out rear. Can be along the lines of a Trijicon HD (or insert similar), or a dot in a color that stands out like white, bright green, even gold bead etc... I know fiber optics work great here, but after having a rod break and another fall out (the front sight is still pretty functional) I'll leave those to target pistols only. YMMV.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please elaborate on your choice as to why you prefer it. Also, this poll isn't for the electronic sight people, but feel free to comment on that if you want even though not in the poll choices.

Also, if you prefer some combination such as black rear sights with front dot/night, etc. please explain.

Thanks

EDIT: I voted night sights but only so I could see the results so that might skew the poll by 1 vote :)....I typically go night sights, but I'm considering a change hence the poll.
TruGlo Night Sights on all my carry guns. These old eyes need them.

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like a blacked out rear with a fiber front for an irons only gun. If those aren't bright enough, I carry a handheld light and sometimes a WML. PID is a thing.

I find night sights and other larger sights imprecise at longer range pistol shots (25+). As always, ymmv.

Latest posts

Top Bottom