Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been considering one of these for about 5 years now: H2O KALMAR 2 OCEANICTIME 10 MILES Waterproof to 10 miles deep... Not sure where I would ever need that type of water resistance, but a crazy durable tool watch.
If the incredibly thick case doesn't bother you, that'd be one seriously tough watch.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay you turkeys. 😉 Check this one out. Adam worked his magic and got my Great-Grandmother’s pocket watch running like a charm. An Elgin I’m going to say from right around the turn of the century and a treasure to be sure. I’ll let him fill you in on all he did but oh man, can’t begin to say how thankful I am to have this one working.View attachment 344930
Thanks Mark. That was certainly a project. I've been working all day, and the thought of typing out all the work that went in to that watch is somewhat daunting. I'm tired already just thinking about it! For the folks who are curious, let's just say it was a lot of work. Replaced the balance staff, main plate, train wheel bridge, jewel replacements, pivot burnishing on all train wheels with a Jacot tool, hairspring manipulation, etc. Thank heavens it's running again, because I'd find a tall building if it wasn't! That old pocket watch looks great by the way. I hope you get many more years of enjoyment from it.

Last edited:

Daniel___Aims

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My datejust today
F13BEC67-5ED3-48A2-8AD2-9DCA615D3ACE.jpeg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the incredibly thick case doesn't bother you, that'd be one seriously tough watch.
That is holding me back on it (Thick Case). Much rather get a Submariner, 19 mos on waiting list so far. Kicking myself for turning down a James Cameron back in July of 2020 and could have gotten a Deep Sea for 6.5K back in 2017. That was a bit before the watch bug had bitten me again (my Uncle offered it to me.) Oh well, we will see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom