Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice. Pure and simple. I love dive watches, but I really appreciate a simplistic timepiece such as this.

Thanks GED. Vintage styled and military/ field watches are definitely what I like most. This one ticks all the boxes for me. Other than a sharp clasp on the OEM bracelet, I don't have any complaints.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t worn a watch in years, I retired from active duty in 2006 and that was a promise I’ve kept to myself. I accumulated a few over the years and found this one a couple of weeks ago, nothing compared to what I’ve seen in this forum and the case may be cooler than the watch , lol
5BBC2D54-D193-4340-A863-0D452CDF450C.jpeg

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This raises the question; what is the most one would spend on a watch and actually wear it?

I couldn't see going higher than my current daily - after the first few scratches the anxiety is gone but if it was worth any more I don't think I could stomach it.

Reminds me of a story from when I was ~25 and bought my first Rolex. I was proud of it and showed my Dad; he immediately chastised me and told me how stupid it was. He was a banker and wore a Longines. Fast forward a few years - I sell my Submariner for about $1500 more than I had paid for it and bought a GMT. My Dad still had his Longines and I mentioned that after 3 years, I made $1500 on mine while he his watch has relatively zero value (It was probably a $500 watch when he bought it). He learned something that day...

Funny thing is that even though my current daily is now blemished from wear (been my daily for a few years) its worth $10K more than I paid for it. THAT is the beauty of certain brands.

We can talk Rolex, Omega, etc. all day but, this is a rare mechanical work of art that surpasses them all. Yeah, it’s a dream.

View attachment 346661

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wearing this today, tried to post earlier but website was up to tricks:
20230208_100027.jpg

Zelos Great White, Sellita SW200-1 Movement (Swiss)
Muonalusta Meteorite Dial (older than the earth for those scientifically inclined)
Waterproof 1000 Meters
C3 and BW9 Lume
Scew Adjustable Bracelet (No Pins)
Saphire Crystal
Ceramic Bezel
Signed Crown

Wear it a bit large and loose on wrist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom