Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I can feel resistance like it should be rotating something but no dice
There are several different ways of setting those. I’ve got several watches that only set the date, and you have to set the day by the time setting feature. Do not turn it backwards past midnight, unless that watch has a safety feature built-in to protect the driving wheel from breaking.

With other watches of mine, you set the date in the position just like yours, but you set the day by pushing the crown in.

If you were given the movement model number, I can look it up and see if I can find out how to do it for you.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This doesn’t fall under the criteria of this thread, but posting it here anyway. I’ll hopefully have this one on my wrist soon. I’m in round 13 of a 15 round prize fight with this one, and it’s fought me every step of the way. Fixing someone else’s handy-work has been quite the challenge. It’s up and running now though, and I’m just letting it settle in before assembling the automatic works and finishing the watch.

Pic was taken last night as I was finishing up for the evening.

958061EC-AB9D-45A4-BA36-F21063DA3C00.jpeg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Told you!!!

Yes you definitely did! 😁

Either the Powermatic or the quartz version of the PRX is now what I would recommend to any first time watch buyer. I used to swear by the Khaki Field line as the best entry level watch. I've been much more impressed with the PRX and the Powermatic 80 though. It keeps better time than anything else in my collection and is a noticeably higher quality than Hamilton's H-10. I assumed that the two movements would feel and sound the same, but they don't.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you definitely did! 😁

Either the Powermatic or the quartz version of the PRX is now what I would recommend to any first time watch buyer. I used to swear by the Khaki Field line as the best entry level watch. I've been much more impressed with the PRX and the Powermatic 80 though. It keeps better time than anything else in my collection and is a noticeably higher quality than Hamilton's H-10. I assumed that the two movements would feel and sound the same, but they don't.
I'd hesitate to call it an underrated watch because they have exploded in popularity in the past two years, but danged if it's praise isn't well deserved. I wore my black one today.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I got it (almost) finished up tonight. I have to say, I am really happy with this one. Perhaps it was because it was such a challenge to get it to where it is now, but DANG it looks good!!!

I say 'almost' finished, because, like an idiot, I never bothered to see if the factory bracelet was long enough to even fit me. Well, as is par for the course with this watch, I got right to the end of the build and was installing the bracelet and I thought to myself "Did you ever even measure it before you started?" Of course I didn't, and it wasn't long enough to fit me. So now I've got this amazing Bullhead, and I can't wear it without cutting off circulation to my hand! I've sourced a few extra of the correct 'Fishbone' style links, but it'll be probably a week before they arrive. Until then I'll have to just stare at this thing without getting to enjoy wearing it.

Still though, this thing turned out great. Now comes the time to begin editing down the video footage. There is about 600GB of it. I'm going to give myself a few days before I start on that part of the project though.

1679546101234.png

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I got it (almost) finished up tonight. I have to say, I am really happy with this one. Perhaps it was because it was such a challenge to get it to where it is now, but DANG it looks good!!!

I say 'almost' finished, because, like an idiot, I never bothered to see if the factory bracelet was long enough to even fit me. Well, as is par for the course with this watch, I got right to the end of the build and was installing the bracelet and I thought to myself "Did you ever even measure it before you started?" Of course I didn't, and it wasn't long enough to fit me. So now I've got this amazing Bullhead, and I can't wear it without cutting off circulation to my hand! I've sourced a few extra of the correct 'Fishbone' style links, but it'll be probably a week before they arrive. Until then I'll have to just stare at this thing without getting to enjoy wearing it.

Still though, this thing turned out great. Now comes the time to begin editing down the video footage. There is about 600GB of it. I'm going to give myself a few days before I start on that part of the project though.

View attachment 360328
Like that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom