Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a good looking watch Adam. I need to see if you can do anything with the scratch(s) on this 5.11. In one motion I managed to do a number on the crystal.
F07FB274-6470-4706-AFF1-9523C50146AB.jpeg
8969C666-BE36-4CF8-8B1F-CE284DCA59B7.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a good looking watch Adam. I need to see if you can do anything with the scratch(s) on this 5.11. In one motion I managed to do a number on the crystal. View attachment 344340View attachment 344342
Ouch! I can try, but if the scratches are too deep there's only so much that can be polished out. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that's probably an acrylic crystal rather than mineral glass or sapphire. It's much harder to scratch mineral glass or sapphire than acrylic. However, if you can find the correct size & mounting type, acrylic crystals are much cheaper to replace. Bring it with you later this week when you pick up your pocket watch and I can take a look if you want.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well hopefully another OSA'er will be posting here wearing this watch soon. This was a vintage Seiko I owned, but hadn't done any service work on yet. After talking about it with a member here, it went on the bench and got the full treatment. Full movement servicing, crystal polish, case and bezel were scrubbed with pegwood & ultrasonically cleaned, all new gaskets, and a brand new Tropic strap. It's a great looking (and running) old Seiko dive watch. I'm looking forward to them posting here with it on.

View attachment 344336
I love those tropic straps. I have one I bought from Christopher Ward and wear it a lot.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well hopefully another OSA'er will be posting here wearing this watch soon. This was a vintage Seiko I owned, but hadn't done any service work on yet. After talking about it with a member here, it went on the bench and got the full treatment. Full movement servicing, crystal polish, case and bezel were scrubbed with pegwood & ultrasonically cleaned, all new gaskets, and a brand new Tropic strap. It's a great looking (and running) old Seiko dive watch. I'm looking forward to them posting here with it on.

View attachment 344336
I’m the lucky purchaser of this watch and he did an outstanding job on it. My skinny wrist doesn’t do it justice but I’ll wear it with pride. First is a pic he sent me with it all disassembled. I can’t imagine having the patience or steady hands to do this work. Amazing. Thanks again.
4C3A7294-4979-4072-B687-374867C285BE.png
F6852606-200F-4CA7-B114-40AE902BED19.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m the lucky purchaser of this watch and he did an outstanding job on it. My skinny wrist doesn’t do it justice but I’ll wear it with pride. First is a pic he sent me with it all disassembled. I can’t imagine having the patience or steady hands to do this work. Amazing. Thanks again. View attachment 344370View attachment 344371
Thank you for the kind words. I had forgotten about that watch until we started talking about orange dials. It really grew on me again as I was working on it, and really turned out nicely. You'll enjoy it for sure. Feedback has been left! Thanks again.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kobold Professional B Chrono. This is one of Michael Kobold's earlier watches (before he and the company went to ****) and may have been assembled while he was still attending CMU here in Pittsburgh. It's the smallest watch I currently own at just under 38mm and pairs well with suits or other dressier outfits although today its jeans and a work sweatshirt.
Really liked the Kobold Phantom Chronograph. The lume was so strong that it was chosen as the wristwatch worn by the Astronauts in the movie "Life."

Latest posts

Top Bottom