Which whiskey?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Four Roses really that good? I have a bottle at home (forgot how I obtained it, I know I didn't buy it), but assumed it was cheap whisky. It's at least in a glass bottle, but still. I haven't tried it yet because I assumed it was bottom shelf.

It really depends. The entry level offering isn't much better than other cheaper whiskeys. For me, it's great for mixing but not much else. When you step up to the single barrel and small batch then you're dealing with a quality product. These are ~$35+ per bottle, typically and can stand on their own.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is Four Roses really that good? I have a bottle at home (forgot how I obtained it, I know I didn't buy it), but assumed it was cheap whisky. It's at least in a glass bottle, but still. I haven't tried it yet because I assumed it was bottom shelf.

I have a bottle of Four Roses single barrel. I stopped at their distillery for a visit on my way to Virginia this summer and did a tasting of each offering. It was enough to sell me! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom