Which would you choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What pistol would you choose?

• Total voters

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both and competed in USPSA for years with the M&P that had zero mechanical failures. My brain fart reloads were the only issues in many, many thousands of rounds down that barrel.
The FN-509 is proving itself to me to be a very reliable firearm with the correct grip angle as the M&P.
Your a Glock shooter?

Before most folks thought it was fashionable to do so. 1988 there bouts is when I purchased my first Glock 17

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before most folks thought it was fashionable to do so. 1988 there bouts is when I purchased my first Glock 17
Thought so. Most who go with 1911 like the 509’s and M&P’s. Those using Glocks get used to that grip angle.
I have a Glock that’s a safe queen because it’s all wrong for my 1911 memory muscle.
Everyone has their desired platform. Practice and train with what one prefers.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought so. Most who go with 1911 like the 509’s and M&P’s. Those using Glocks get used to that grip angle.
I have a Glock that’s a safe queen because it’s all wrong for my 1911 memory muscle.
Everyone has their desired platform. Practice and train with what one prefers.

Actually I used a 1911 and a High Power before the Glock. The Glock is why I moved away from SA auto pistols cocked and locked . True Story ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I used a 1911 and a High Power before the Glock. The Glock is why I moved away from SA auto pistols cocked and locked . True Story ...
M&P’s can be bought without the thumb safety. None of mine have them. Strictly trigger safety.
Mine get converted to the Apex Tactical Triggers as soon as they arrive.
M&P’s trigger engineer needs to be assigned to the mail room IMHO.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Must be thinking of the M&P EZ line.
Yeah I forget those exist. That's not the M&P I know nor is it what the OP is referring to so it never crossed my mind that might be what he was talking about.

I was a M&P guy for a long time before the gen 5 Glocks won me back and now it is the slimline Glocks I prefer for EDC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom