White river

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody trout fish the white River near eureka springs Arkansas? Where did you stay? Did you use a guide or just wing it?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody trout fish the white River near eureka springs Arkansas? Where did you stay? Did you use a guide or just wing it?
I haven't been to Eureka Springs, but I've been to Bull Shoals (~50 miles east) a couple of times. We camped at the state park, and didn't hire a guide, though we did rent a boat a couple of times. Great fishing and beautiful country; I'd love to get back again.

For something a little nicer than camping (again, at Bull Shoals), check out Gaston's White River Resort.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
A couple guys from work went two weekends ago. The took their campers and kayaks. They were not releasing water so the fishing was kinda slow. I think they caught around 15.
I just asked him. They were below the damn at a campground called ‘Parker’s Bottom’

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple guys from work went two weekends ago. The took their campers and kayaks. They were not releasing water so the fishing was kinda slow. I think they caught around 15.
I just asked him. They were below the damn at a campground called ‘Parker’s Bottom’
We stayed at Parker's hideaway in the cabins right next Parker's bottom last time and the water was low fish weren't biting

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been to Eureka Springs, but I've been to Bull Shoals (~50 miles east) a couple of times. We camped at the state park, and didn't hire a guide, though we did rent a boat a couple of times. Great fishing and beautiful country; I'd love to get back again.

For something a little nicer than camping (again, at Bull Shoals), check out Gaston's White River Resort.

I hired a guide at Gaston's several years ago and learned how to catch trout when most were complaining about the low water and fish not biting. How about 1 to 2 lb trout on bait from the river instead of stockers on eggs?

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't tell you about the fishing although I have fished at Gaston's also, but I was at the White River over east of Harrison this weekend and there were signs posted everywhere not to get in water because of bacteria contamination. Lot of people in river anyway!

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been there once where the white and buffalo river meets. There were some cabins there. Tiny cabins. We slept in tents. Great fishing. You can rent small boats and run up and down the river or just wade in the cold water. We killed them doing both.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We stayed at Gaston's White River Resort at the end of July. Took a guide out on a Sunday morning and the wife and I caught 1 Brook Trout, 2 Cutthroat Trout and 25 Rainbow Trout. Probably hooked a dozen more that got loose just before we got them in the net. It was a lot of fun.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't tell you about the fishing although I have fished at Gaston's also, but I was at the White River over east of Harrison this weekend and there were signs posted everywhere not to get in water because of bacteria contamination. Lot of people in river anyway!

Did you learn what the source was of the bacterial contamination?

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. We usually stay at Gaston's. It looks like is was built in the 60's-ish and hasn't been updated. It's right out of a Patrick McManus book, we love it. The restaurant is to DIE for. Or we stay at Bull Shoals State Park. It's one of the cleanest, nicest State Parks we have ever stayed at. And the fishing up by the dam in the catch and release is good. So I heard......
335.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom