Who all here reloads 300 AAC Blackout?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since ammo mfg are apparently not going to produce any affordable Blackout, I am going to work on loading up as much empty brass as I have available components to fill.
I have a bunch of old 170 gr soft point from a box of old 30-30 stuff I found, I have some 130gr spitzers and some really old 150 gr soft point I scored at a garage sale.
I have lots of IMR 4227, Win 296 and H110 powders, also some tight group and little gun powders to try.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I'm not a subsonic guy, I have only loaded 110's and 125's in mine, so I can't be much help. Good luck! It is fun to play with!

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I make my own brass and use purpose made projos (for 300BLK), 130-160gr spitzers, or 147gr pull downs. You don't want to use round nose or flat points like for leverguns. The bullet is set to make the ogive ride where the 5.56 neck rides in the mag so bullet selection/seating is important if you want to go more than 20 rounds in a 30rd mag.
I've used IMR4227, H110, and Lilgun. I like H110 best mainly because I have more of it and that's originally the powder used. The other work well though. Remember, it's using powders for magnum pistols so it's easy to over-meter. Think of it as a pointy magnum pistol round (which it pretty much is) and you'll be good.

Anything around 175gr and up starts getting into the subsonic category so you want to go with a rifle powder like 1680 or something.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Berrys and 1680 FTW! I've shot a few mags worth that were done on a Rockchucker and am happy with the results from my 8.2"...so just need to set the dies on the Dillon 650 and start cranking 'em out.

I'm low on brass for it though. I have about 1k pieces thats half converted and half factory once fired stuff but I guess I could load a few ammo cans full and keep the process going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom