Who all here reloads 300 AAC Blackout?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have loaded mostly supers with 110-115gr projectiles with Win296 powder, I have dabbled a bit with some 220gr sub sonic loads but just enough for a test batch.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I make my own brass also. I only load subsonic. I usually load 165 and 220 gr. bullets. My first rifle for subsonic loads that I built is a 300 Whisper AR15. This was long before they change enough on the brass to call it 300 Blackout. I don't see a need to load any supersonic ,I have .308s for that. I'm in the middle of building a 300BKOUT AR pistol now.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your having trouble finding h110 the guy at Jerry's reloading said it and win 296 were the same thing and are packaged on the same machine.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since ammo mfg are apparently not going to produce any affordable Blackout, I am going to work on loading up as much empty brass as I have available components to fill.
I have a bunch of old 170 gr soft point from a box of old 30-30 stuff I found, I have some 130gr spitzers and some really old 150 gr soft point I scored at a garage sale.
I have lots of IMR 4227, Win 296 and H110 powders, also some tight group and little gun powders to try.
All good powders to use for them(,(I like Lil'gun for both) I read an article awhile ago that you shouldn't waste time loading for mid-range weight bullets but to do the lightest and heaviest for best results, mine is a pistol length 10 1/2" barrel so I use powders that work best for that length. 110g Nosler Armageddon work great on prairie dogs and chucks out to 200 yards. I imagine they would be quite effective as a home defense round also, wouldn't penetrate all the way thru the body but would do a lot of damage internally.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since ammo mfg are apparently not going to produce any affordable Blackout, I am going to work on loading up as much empty brass as I have available components to fill.
I have a bunch of old 170 gr soft point from a box of old 30-30 stuff I found, I have some 130gr spitzers and some really old 150 gr soft point I scored at a garage sale.
I have lots of IMR 4227, Win 296 and H110 powders, also some tight group and little gun powders to try.
I was gonna add my two cents worth but it looks like everybody here has covered all the bases, just load-em and choot-em!! They are fun!

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I reloaded some a few years back when subsonic stuff was a little hard to get. But I also bought a bunch about a year later and haven’t messed with it again.
I’m not digging the round that much anymore. I probably should go dig it all up and unload it. Just too busy to mess with it right now. Plus I prefer to buy high and sell low. 😁😁😁 I’m suspect plenty of people would help me achieve that goal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom