Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyjingles

New to the site!
Reaction score
Dang, sorry to hear that Joey. That's a ridiculous wait!

Did you just send the email yesterday? They'll probably reply early next week if so. I've heard of people getting their first sets of fingerprints rejected and it adding quite a bit of time to getting their license but the digital fingerprints were always approved from what I saw.

It'd be a long drive for you but you're also allowed to be fingerprinted directly at the OSBI office in OKC after two rejections, not sure if that'd even speed things up though.

One thing to consider is maybe you have a common name so they're having to double check a lot of things and are just using the fingerprints as an excuse for more time (since I believe by law they only have 90 days from the day they receive and approve the fingerprints @ the OSBI)... Wouldn't surprise me to learn that's a thing they do so they don't go over the 90 days.

Hopefully they reply to your email next week with an update.
I have not heard of anyone else being that long. When they ask for my fingerprints twice it was in a very slim timeline and it bewilders me that there has been no communication since February 14th. I've known people who went to OK City but none had done digital fingerprinting twice. I think I may have a common name but not SSN or DL which was required ? I sent email to them Thursday anticipating their 115 day period before inquiry being the next day. I also called the Leflore county Sheriff in Poteau but just too late for an answer to the phone. I sure hope your kind thoughts above come to fruition. Thanks much.

juston

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'd think the DL/SSN would prevent that, and it probably does with the OSBI. I've had a bad experience with a 3rd party background check company in the past though...

I had my tenant background check (not sure which company did it) last year fail because there's another person with my exact First/Middle/Last Name and Date of Birth from South Carolina that had some kind a criminal record (they wouldn't tell me what it was but the leasing office sounded scared when they were notifying me about it).

They made me send in a copy of my birth certificate to resolve it. Kind of annoying because now they have a copy of my birth certificate and I'm probably at higher risk for identity theft now because of that... I didn't really trust them with it but had to give it to them to pass even though they had my SSN/DL.

Once they had my birth certificate I guess the background check company had somebody manually verify everything and then it passed after a couple more days.

Anyway, I might just be being overly optimistic but if it is something like that I'm sure they're getting really close to being finished by now.

joeyjingles

New to the site!
Reaction score
You'd think the DL/SSN would prevent that, and it probably does with the OSBI. I've had a bad experience with a 3rd party background check company in the past though...

I had my tenant background check (not sure which company did it) last year fail because there's another person with my exact First/Middle/Last Name and Date of Birth from South Carolina that had some kind a criminal record (they wouldn't tell me what it was but the leasing office sounded scared when they were notifying me about it).

They made me send in a copy of my birth certificate to resolve it. Kind of annoying because now they have a copy of my birth certificate and I'm probably at higher risk for identity theft now because of that... I didn't really trust them with it but had to give it to them to pass even though they had my SSN/DL.

Once they had my birth certificate I guess the background check company had somebody manually verify everything and then it passed after a couple more days.

Anyway, I might just be being overly optimistic but if it is something like that I'm sure they're getting really close to being finished by now.
Your story reminds me of a time when I was at home recovering from back surgery and there came a notice in the mail that I was going to be the guest speaker at the retired Jet Fighter Pilots association dinner. I thought won't they be sad when I don't show up. My brother said they would be sad if I went also ! Come to find out he had the same name and was at LR AFB and I had been at Fort Chaffee in Fort Smith. I also had another family with the same name leave messages on my old answering machine for at least three years. This was all when I lived in Arkansas and I never thought about some form of that blocking me now. I've been watching for the postal delivery for weeks and hurrying out to be disappointed. Here's hoping for a better week ahead.

Isaac

New to the site!
Reaction score
I submitted my online application February 28th, got my digital fingerprints done at the hughes county sheriff's department may 1st, and received a confirmation email from the osbi on March 6th. Still waiting, is there any use in calling my sheriff department? I've heard if you ask the osbi anything about your application before it's been 115 days they get pretty irritated with you.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent an email to check the status of mine because it was getting near time and it was approved the next day. Not sure if it was coincidence or just because I sent them a friendly reminder.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was about 60 days from turn in to approval. I started to post about it back in June and another person had a similar experience. Look back at post #2639 and you can see. If I were you I'd email the OSBI for a status update.

Latest posts

Top Bottom