Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must admit there was some question whether this would actually happen. I was only convicted of 1 felony and sentenced 10 years in prison all for a bag of weed. I spent the last 24 years working hard and doing the right thing.
It took a year after applying for a pardon, investigation, interviews, home visit and then the parole board. I received my pardon on March 8, 2017. I decided to take it one step further and apply for Handgun License. It took 32 days to be granted my license.
Society as a whole performs the most brutal punishment for felons, so called "friends", family, neighbors, work colleagues and employers will never let it go and will never forgive and forget. It is in creditable at what my children and my spouse went through because of my mistake.
And that is my story.

10 years in prison for a bag of weed? it's none of my business, but there has to be more to that story.

I agree that it is far too easy to get a 'felony' for non-violent offenses, and that felonies and other than honourable/dishonourable discharges are treated too harshly by society. Registered sex offenders, too.

Glad you got your license.

Porky

New to the site!
Reaction score
10 years in prison for a bag of weed? it's none of my business, but there has to be more to that story.

I agree that it is far too easy to get a 'felony' for non-violent offenses, and that felonies and other than honourable/dishonourable discharges are treated too harshly by society. Registered sex offenders, too.

Glad you got your license.
You are right. The war on drugs back then was intense. The DA in that county was the worst in the state. DOC staffers thought it was discusting what they did. I also think the DOC staffers were the best people I met. I think they bent a few rules to get me out of there.
Glad it is all behind me. Ready to go hunting. I really missed it.

AdamsCreek

New to the site!
Reaction score
I submitted my paperwork at wagoner county on June 9th. Got a little worried because I hadn't got an email from osbi by the third week but my license came on July 3rd with the letter dated June 30

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I submitted my paperwork at wagoner county on June 9th. Got a little worried because I hadn't got an email from osbi by the third week but my license came on July 3rd with the letter dated June 30
So regular mail? Didn't have to sign for it?

Netminder1976

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
July 27th. Still nothing. Osbi will only email me, tell me the day it was recieved and that its in process.
That's what they did to me too until I emailed them a day after the 90 days of them receiving it.. they said it was approved the day before and I would receive in mail. It arrived the next day on the 105th day of turning into sheriff.

Jdsfighter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent mine off May 30th in Tulsa County and received it in the mail today. Overall, 65 days of wait time. Not too bad, but I'm glad I won't be pacing around anxiously awaiting the mail anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom