Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Submitted my Instructor application this morning at Cleveland County Sheriff's Office ...

After 4 weeks, I had not received an email from OSBI, so I emailed them requesting a status:

Your SDA application was received on 05/01/2018.

At this time, we are waiting on the following:

· Fingerprint results for fingerprints received on 05/15/2018

· Final review of your application

I'm curious about the fingerprint results status ...

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 4 weeks, I had not received an email from OSBI, so I emailed them requesting a status:

Your SDA application was received on 05/01/2018.

At this time, we are waiting on the following:

· Fingerprint results for fingerprints received on 05/15/2018

· Final review of your application

I'm curious about the fingerprint results status ...
Call the Sheriff's department and ask?

ChrisWW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also submitted mine at the Tulsa County Sheriff. Did you do the initial application online? I received notification via e-mail when my application was transferred to OSBI, so maybe they just didn't have your e-mail address? Could be worth checking your spam folder, too. If they had your e-mail and you haven't heard from them I'd definitely contact OSBI and make sure TCSO sent them the application in the first place.

I've been all over the place over the years due to military service, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to collect records from VA or CA for me. That could explain why some are getting it back in a couple weeks while others are butting up against the 90 days, I suppose.

Hey RCubed,
I did not do the initial application online which maybe I should have. I did live in Texas for more than 30 years so perhaps that's what's slowing it down. I did however just go ahead and email OSBI asking them to please let me know if they have received it.

ChrisWW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a status update is it better to email or call?

I emailed the OSBI yesterday and received a reply today asking for my full name and DOB (so if you email, put that in your original to speed things up) and they got right back with me as soon as I gave them that to say they DID receive my application and that they are just waiting on background checks to be finalized from my analyst and that "OSBI has 60-90 days to process SDA license applications once all required information and documents have been received." Which of course I already knew and so that's fine. They were very nice actually.

RCubed

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed the OSBI yesterday and received a reply today asking for my full name and DOB (so if you email, put that in your original to speed things up) and they got right back with me as soon as I gave them that to say they DID receive my application and that they are just waiting on background checks to be finalized from my analyst and that "OSBI has 60-90 days to process SDA license applications once all required information and documents have been received." Which of course I already knew and so that's fine. They were very nice actually.

I'm curious if you've lived out of state or not, it seems like that might be one of the deciding factors in how quickly they're turning these applications around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom