1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who all is waiting for their CCW?

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by clacky, Aug 3, 2007.

1. FreeSpiritBalloon

FreeSpiritBalloon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Finally Oct 31st got my new card. Renewed online Aug 20th 2018. I was planning to email them tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacFromOK likes this.
  2. HeyEng

HeyEng Sharpshooter

So, did online application about a week ago (10/27). Went to OK County sheriff last Monday and submitted prints. Got an email today from OSBI saying, (Subject line) "Online handgun license transferred into SDA" and in the body, "The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation received your Self-Defense Act License Application submitted online on 10/27/2018 and will begin processing." The guy who did my prints said he would do the records check and send it off in a couple of days...so does this email indicate that OSBI got the prints from OK county?

I am going on about a month of not carrying and I have never felt so naked!!! :)

3. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Did the course and submitted everything today. Now time to play the waiting game.

4. radisri

radisri Sharpshooter

Did my online renewal Oct 25th 2018 got New in Mail today 11/14/2018. Issued 11/10/2018. Opt for 10 year this time around.

MacFromOK likes this.
  5. CaptainMacWhirr

CaptainMacWhirr New to the site!

Submitted online application 11/4/18
    Application transferred to OSBI 11/7/18
    Received by mail 11/17/18
    Total wait time 13 days

Props to the OSBI and county sherriff’s office for professionalism and quick turnaround time. Support our state employees; they do great work!

kwaynem and Tanis143 like this.
  6. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    How did you get notified that your application was transferred to OSBI? I submitted mine the day after you did, though I did it in person and I've not heard anything.

7. HeyEng

HeyEng Sharpshooter

I got an email saying it had been transferred to OSBI. It was about a week after I did the prints.

8. HeyEng

HeyEng Sharpshooter

Quite impressed with the quick turnaround with OSBI (for initial permit and after living in the state for less than a month)...

Submitted online application: 10/27/2018
    Prints Completed by OK County Sheriff's Francis Tuttle Substation: 10/29/2018
    Application transferred to OSBI: 11/05/18 (got email from OSBI)
    Received by mail: 11/20/18
    Total wait time for initial: 25 days

When I did my prints, the tech told me that he would do the local background check that afternoon and send it up that day to OSBI.

I had to do a pretty extensive background check for my Oklahoma Bar license application, so perhaps that was already on file with the OSBI folks?

9. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Damn, I'm jealous. I did my course and submitted all my paperwork at the TCSO on 11-5. I've not heard anything since. I guess TCSO is pretty slow on this stuff.

10. HeyEng

HeyEng Sharpshooter

I assume TCSO is Tulsa County? I am not too familiar with the politics up there but I do know that it is the "liberal central" area of the state..does that go for the sheriff as well? If so, I would guess that he sits on it as long as he statutorily can. We had similar issues in Georgia...some of the liberal probate judges (they were the authority to issue the license) would wait up until the last minute (or past the limit until they got sued) to issue.

Tanis143 likes this.