Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Submitted my renewal online 11.01.18 and I'm waiting to receive my new license.

For those in the know, my license expired in October, but with the 90 day grace period, does that mean I can continue carrying through those 90 days (assuming I'm still waiting for my license)??

I think so. You could always put it to the test and let the rest of us know, as a public service. You know, take one for the team? Come on! Take a walk on the wild side, ...or drive, perhaps. Come on! Just get on over there and drive real slow in the left hand lane; yeah, that's right, get yourself stopped; yeah; pulled over by da MAN, and then when the Po-Po comes up to your car door, just tell him in your best somewhat insolent tone of voice that you are packin' heat and that your SDA license is expired, but you are in the 90 day grace period so-he can't-do-nuthin' limbo-thing. See what he says to them apples.

(Actually, I think you're okay, but IANAL so don't rely on my advice, even though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once).

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the course and submitted everything today. Now time to play the waiting game.

Bit of an update: Wrote the SDA branch of OSBI yesterday as its been over two months since I submitted my application with no word. Got an email back today that stated they received my application on Nov 9th (5 days after I submitted it to TCSO). So they have been sitting on it since then. Any ideas why some people seem to fly right through and others such as myself they seem to take the full 90 days?

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bit of an update: Wrote the SDA branch of OSBI yesterday as its been over two months since I submitted my application with no word. Got an email back today that stated they received my application on Nov 9th (5 days after I submitted it to TCSO). So they have been sitting on it since then. Any ideas why some people seem to fly right through and others such as myself they seem to take the full 90 days?
You must of been one bad hombre in your day and they gotta make sure you paid off all the judges back then. :bolt: No really who knows I have half a dozen in my family that have taken different amounts of time. All from the same county no less.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You must of been one bad hombre in your day and they gotta make sure you paid off all the judges back then. :bolt: No really who knows I have half a dozen in my family that have taken different amounts of time. All from the same county no less.

Well, got a call from OSBI yesterday. Missed it due to being at work, called back today. There is a protective order filed one county over on a guy with the same first and last name as me, but no middle name/initial given on the court docs. They've been waiting to hear back from that court to get this guy's info, no word yet. Told them that the date given for that order I was still living in Moore and no where near that. Hopefully that clears it up and I'll get it here soon.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, got a call from OSBI yesterday. Missed it due to being at work, called back today. There is a protective order filed one county over on a guy with the same first and last name as me, but no middle name/initial given on the court docs. They've been waiting to hear back from that court to get this guy's info, no word yet. Told them that the date given for that order I was still living in Moore and no where near that. Hopefully that clears it up and I'll get it here soon.
Call the court clerk in that county and explain your case.

I had a whoopty-doo in Texas that delayed mine, and a court clerk (actually an assistant clerk IIRC) made a tremendous effort to get it straightened out.

Phone calls are cheap. :drunk2:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I truly hope they get it straightened out for you soon cause I know it's gotta be frustrating.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call the court clerk in that county and explain your case.

I had a whoopty-doo in Texas that delayed mine, and a court clerk (actually an assistant clerk IIRC) made a tremendous effort to get it straightened out.

Phone calls are cheap. :drunk2:

The guy from OSBI said that the info I gave them should be enough, especially since they can see I did not live in Tulsa County at that time.

I truly hope they get it straightened out for you soon cause I know it's gotta be frustrating.

Yeah, it is frustrating. Especially since I got no communications from them. Had they contacted me as soon as they found this I could have straightened it up easily. Guess they have to justify the cost we peons have to pay to exercise what should be a right.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine has this issue all the time. Apparently there is another guy here in OK that is about the same age as him and the exact same name that REALLY likes to get into trouble. The first time he got his CCW it was completely denied until he straightened some stuff out. Unfortunately he is constantly having to deal with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom