Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt1124

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned my packet in July 16th and I got an email from my credit card thing saying OSBI charged it on July 20th. I guess the only thing left to do is play the waiting game...

AC37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These fingerprint issues and all the foot-dragging constantly OSBI does with apps are exactly why we're trying to get as many people as we can to join the Oklahoma Rifle Association, and get some more positive revisions to the OK SDA (CCW) law passed. Mark and I have said for a long time, there is no reason it should consistently take 90+ days and multiple trips to your sheriff's office or all the way to OKC to take more fingerprints, for all the $$$ you pay to get it, when everything should have been done correctly and efficiently the first time. What confidence do I have in OSBI doing fingerprints correctly for resisting criminals that don't want their fingerprints to go in right, when they consistently need multiple attempts on a compliant, reasonable, law-abiding citizen that wants the fingerprints to go through correctly?

There is much strength in numbers. The ORA is directly responsible for getting the CCW laws and revisions passed in the first place, and there's no reason in the world in Mark and my minds why it should take as long as it does to get your CCW license...given that many other states have a less than 30-day (and in some cases same-day, just like a driver's license) turn-around time. Heck, there's at least a couple-three states out there I know of that issue you a temporary CCW license right on the spot when you submit your application. There is virtually nothing, if anything that would prevent you from getting a CCW license, while still allowing you to buy guns from dealers on form 4473s, why on earth can't a NICS check be used to issue you a temporary license if nothing else, until they can do a more thorough check if need be? That's the way it should be done, if for some reason they can't or won't give you the laminated/plastic license on the spot.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some 8 odd years ago when I got my license,I went down to the SO and this nice young girl rolled mine(old timey ink ones).She looked at them,said lets do this second one again just to make sure.She took my money order and checked my packet contents just to make sure everything was in order and sealed everything up.23 days later I got a letter in the mail from Stanley saying I could come pick up my license.There was also a holiday in there that the government offices were closed or a day.Adding up that and weekends plus at least 1 day for mail delivery,23 days was really only 15 days.
There can't be that many bad fingerprint operators working for Oklahoma's Sheriff's Departments.I'm not a conspirecy nut(ok a little bit of a nut)but there's something really wrong with the OSBI system.It seems like they sit around on their govt.paid arses and when the 90 days is about up,they start xeroxing off the 'bad fingerprint' letters and then go back to talking about how they can't believe that Doneata wore them shoes with that blouse,or how Michell is crazy for dateing that guy with no c.a.r.-no j.o.b-or a.p.t.Comming in 20 minutes late,taking 45 minutes extra for lunch and then going home 30 minutes early.It burns me up.You all know that's what's going on down there.Their lazy @$$ govt. workers.I'm not real sure but I don't think the FBI has a person that runs background checks for state licenses.I'm guessing that they just grant access to the NCIC computer.If so it all comes back to lazy overpaid underworked entitlement motivated govt workers that cant be fired because they got a union.So they obviously don't give a flying flip.
First of all,I believe it's criminal to be forced to pay for something that I already own.MY RIGHT TO BARE ARMS.I don't have to pay to excersize my right to religion,speech,peacefull assembly.
Sorry.Rant over.As you were.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do believe that if I am ever on a jury again this could be a problem. I would have a problem with any fingerprint evidence that might be used.
If they cant rely on fingerprints taken under the best of circumstances, how could a jury rely on any prints lifted from a crime scene?
I know I couldnt. If I were a lawyer I do believe that I would try to use this to discredit any fingerprint evidence. Also to show that the person taking the prints is not reliable.

Michael

clacky

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clacky, check your mail, our letters came today. 78 days.

Thanks for the update! No letter today for me :-( I'll call the Sheriff's Office tomorrow and check. It's possible that yours went out in the mail that day and mine may have been the next day.

I'm also under 28 so they would be running me through JOLTS... which I guess could take longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom