Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamacacia

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sheriffs office won't even accept your packet without the money.Are you sure that you didn't confuse QT Money Order with Bank Cashiers Check?? :anyone: :D

Good question, I did a little more checking and found that I made a cash deposit about a week after I took the ccw class. I am thinking that I out of the cash I deposited, I had the bank make out the two checks and thus no withdrawl from the checking account. I will be checking with the osbi today (approx day number 83 of 90) and verifying with my bank as well.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sheriffs office won't even accept your packet without the money.Are you sure that you didn't confuse QT Money Order with Bank Cashiers Check?? :anyone: :D
+1 The Rogers County SO took my money right after I handed them my application and before I was printed. I used cash to pay the SO and a Visa check card to pay the OSBI since I didn't want to mess with cashiers checks or money orders. I'm still waiting though.

I just bought two Looper Leather kydex-lined belts (brown and black) and put in an order for a Milt Sparks VM2 in Cordovan horsehide with sharkskin trim (4-5 month wait) in anticipation. Depending on when my CC permit comes in, I may need to borrow or purchase a temporary holster until my VM2 arrives. I've heard they're definitely worth the wait though. Now, I just need some Trijicon night sights for my Glock.

sking

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm into week 5..I was thinking no news is good news but now I see OSBI can reject prints on into day 60..not what I wanted to here. I recieved my Don Hume holster in the mail today so now time to practive wearing around the house and yard. Ordered holster on 8/20 got it on 8/23, I would say, not bad..

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I just got a certified letter from OSBI. Looks like I have to send in proof of my US citizenship since I wasn't born in the US. My dad was in the Navy and I was born in the Philippines. You'd think that with the FBI and other background checks they're doing they could find out if I was a US citizen on their own, especially since I have a valid social security number and I've only been out of the US once or twice in the last 22 years. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to jump through the hoops and get the information to them ASAP. The letter was sent to my parents' house, so I'll probably just have them gather whatever proof of citizenship OSBI needs and then forward everything down to me so I can sign it and take it to the OSBI office in OKC.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got mine today, took 75 days. I didn't get it in the mail at the 90 day mark because of being on vacation. Doesn't matter I had a few days to spare plus the 30 day grace period. Bummer is that I could only renew for 5 years.

clasiter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oct. 18th. I have it marked on my calendar. Its 90 days total, right? Not 90 business days?

Its not 90 days from the time you turn it in, but 90 days from the time the OSBI receives your packet, and don't bother calling the OSBI as they say if it hasn't been 120 days don't bother(violation of state law), so you wait 120 days and start calling, asking the OSBI WTH and they tell you they never received you packet and to call the sheriffs office, so you do and they're like oh yeah, didn't we call you, we had a question about your app....Opps sorry about that, But I finally got you 7 almost 8 months later, so now I'm happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom