Who buys a daily driver for an investment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you buy a daily driver vehicle for an investment?

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last 'new' vehicle was bought Sept 2018. It was a 2005 Camry with 48,000 miles.

Next to the last 'new' vehicle was actually new. Bought a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium with 39 miles that was completely loaded In Jan 2018. Sticker was almost $38,000. Paid $24500. This was the first time I've driven an absolutely new vehicle off a lot and was 'right-side up' in vehicle value!

I bought a '96 Lincoln Continental in 1998. Sticker in the glove box showed $51,xxx. Paid $13,800. Was a great roadtrip car! The deals are out there if you are patient and know how to look for them.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you mean by "investment". No new car is a good investment. Never pay over 70% NADA for a used car or truck. Ok, the math, NADA says $10,000, pay $7000. Anytime you spend money it is an investment. House, land, car, clothes, WOMEN, booze, you name it, it is an investment. Think before you spend, I do, because I have worked hard for everything I have earned and want my moneys worth. lol I was raised by a depression era cotton pickin Daddy!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An investment is supposed to bring you a return on the money you spent; vehicles are, with very few exceptions, depreciating assets, which is about as opposite as you can get from an investment.

Unless you buy cheap, drive a zillion miles back and forth to work for long distance daily with a vehicle that is almost triple the mileage vs the daily driver. Over the years, that investment will pay back, or break even. It’s not a huge way to save money though.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you buy cheap, drive a zillion miles back and forth to work for long distance daily with a vehicle that is almost triple the mileage vs the daily driver. Over the years, that investment will pay back, or break even. It’s not a huge way to save money though.
If you drive a zillion miles, you're destroying the value of the vehicle, so it's still not an investment.

At least it's not a good investment.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh. Depends on how you use the word. This screen shot is from a google search for “investment definition.” If you use the vehicle to make money, it’s an investment. Large corporations invest in infrastructure/production equipment without intention of selling the purchased goods/equipment for a profit.

491b70d39eab7f80d7f44651ead2090a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom