Who carries a Glock loaded with one in the chamber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my Glock and all my revolvers with loaded chambers. All the time. As for safety devices.......

[Broken External Image]

This is my safety. ;)

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"Two articles by Massad Ayoob stated that this pistol should not be CCW carried without the MSK installed, since it allowed you to essentially carry your Glock in Condition One in complete safety." http://www.usacarry.com/glock-manual-safety-kit-by-cominolli-custom/

I find this hard to believe. I have heard Mas suggest Glocks as carry weapons a bunch on his Podcast, and have NEVER heard him suggest adding any kind of non factory doo hickey. As a matter of fact, he advises against it.

Want a weapon with an external safety? buy one that has it from the factory. Or try to explain to a Jury why you carried and shot someone with a gun that was so unsafe from the factory that you had to install an aftermarket part. A good lawyer will quickly make YOU look like an incompetent person.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks are NOT known for accidental discharges because they have 3 safeties to prevent it.
They are known for negligent discharges which are the human elements fault.
Most commonly, idiots shoving them in their waistband with no holster.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know Mas and get along well with him, but he's completely wrong in this case. There are way too many Glocks carried daily in perfect safety on a daily basis for this to be true. Do Glocks have a higher incidence of negligent discharge? Absolutely! That's what happens when more Glocks are carried on a daily basis than any other brand! Almost every instance is a training issue, not a gun issue. As someone who's supervised the firing of literally hundreds of thousands of rounds in a dynamic environment, I can tell you this is a non-issue.

good point... again, my not carrying a Glock is completely due to me not taking the time to properly train myself to where motions are committed to muscle memory. some of this is due constantly changing weapons.

a major reason is my chosen CCW of a revolver. so recently what brain cycles, dry firing, range time, reloading, etc is committed to revolvers. recently purchased a S&W 66-2 .357 specifically to spend more time with a revolver.

just loaded up another 200 rounds for the next trip to Sand Springs Gun Club. If Glock was on my brain the same way...

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00311_1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom