Who carries a Glock loaded with one in the chamber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or you could go with the 'Israeli Draw'. Seems to work very well for them. They draw, rack the round & fire in very quick and smooth motion.
i have a friend who was showing me how fast he could do that with a mag full of snap caps, so i jumped him, tossing him around while punching, kicking and kneeing him while yelling draw and charge your gun. He never mentioned it again and carrys with a round in the chamber.

Last edited:

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a friend was showing me how fast he could do that with a mag full of snap caps, so i jumped him, tossing him around while punching, kicking and kneeing him while yelling draw and charge your gun. He never mentioned it again and carrys with a round in the chamber.

I've attended dozens of job related self defense classes over the years. You always have people who don't take the training seriously... you can see they don't think their life will ever depend on that training so they aren't giving it their full attention & effort to learn. They are doing just enough to pass the course and get the heck out of there.

And it is one thing to 'play act' with a friend what you or he would do in a situation, but it is another totally different thing to do it for real. Your friend wasn't trying to seriously hurt or kill you using self defense tactics in order to avoid being seriously hurt or killed himself. You were just being more aggressive in your 'play acting' than he was willing to be at the moment. And suddenly 'jumping' someone who considers you a friend and isn't expecting the attack is significantly different than a person being out in public with their weapon.. who has their situational awareness geared toward stranger dangers & is prepared to use a fully loaded weapon in self defense.

What gets most people in self defense situations hurt or killed is their unwillingness to follow through with actually pulling the trigger and shooting someone once they have drawn their weapon.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've attended dozens of job related self defense classes over the years. You always have people who don't take the training seriously... you can see they don't think their life will ever depend on that training so they aren't giving it their full attention & effort to learn. They are doing just enough to pass the course and get the heck out of there.

And it is one thing to 'play act' with a friend what you or he would do in a situation, but it is another totally different thing to do it for real. Your friend wasn't trying to seriously hurt or kill you using self defense tactics in order to avoid being seriously hurt or killed himself. You were just being more aggressive in your 'play acting' than he was willing to be at the moment. And suddenly 'jumping' someone who considers you a friend and isn't expecting the attack is significantly different than a person being out in public with their weapon.. who has their situational awareness geared toward stranger dangers & is prepared to use a fully loaded weapon in self defense.

What gets most people in self defense situations hurt or killed is their unwillingness to follow through with actually pulling the trigger and shooting someone once they have drawn their weapon.
nonsense, do you have any idea how many homicides are commited by people who the victim consider a friend? There wasn't any play acting involved and people on the streets dont wait til your prepared

Last edited:

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That makes absolutely no sense. If you can't manage to make it work when you know it's coming, that's a pretty good indication that you won't be able to when your not expecting it to happen IMO

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is funny when people get tunnel vision and can't visualize between play acting & goofing around versus the real world. I'm sure Israel would deeply appreciate you two flying over to Israel and teaching their military [which is probably in the top 3 in the world] and the Massad [which is probably the 1st or 2nd best Intellegince agency in the world] a thing or two about self defense techniques. Yep, bet you could show them how their Draw system which has been used for years and proven itself time and again in the field is ineffective and all wrong. Just think of all the highly trained special forces soldiers & Massad agents who developed & use that 'Draw' that you guys could save. They will be working overtime to retrain all their forces. :D

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK ... spill the beans ... what brand holster is that? perhaps I can find a used one?

been trying find one that for sure works with a surefire light. had planned on buying kydex to make my own. that design looks minimalist and very functional.

Secret City Weaponeers Y-12 TL. It was supposed ot come with OWB loops as well as IWB, but they didn't arrive and so far, my attempts to get Tony to send them to me have failed. It really sucks, because this is some of the best kydex gear I've ever laid hands on. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is funny when people get tunnel vision and can't visualize between play acting & goofing around versus the real world. I'm sure Israel would deeply appreciate you two flying over to Israel and teaching their military [which is probably in the top 3 in the world] and the Massad [which is probably the 1st or 2nd best Intellegince agency in the world] a thing or two about self defense techniques. Yep, bet you could show them how their Draw system which has been used for years and proven itself time and again in the field is ineffective and all wrong. Just think of all the highly trained special forces soldiers & Massad agents who developed & use that 'Draw' that you guys could save. They will be working overtime to retrain all their forces. :D

I don't know of anyone who looks to the Israelis for top tier tactics, particularly handgun training. Their problems are completely different from ours here in the states.

Force on Force training isn't play acting or "goofing around". Try a class with Mike Brown and see if you feel a little different when you're done! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom