Who carries a Glock loaded with one in the chamber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who looks to the Israelis for top tier tactics, particularly handgun training. Their problems are completely different from ours here in the states.

Force on Force training isn't play acting or "goofing around". Try a class with Mike Brown and see if you feel a little different when you're done! :)

I wasn't putting down force on force training, as I've gone though many hours of it.. I just don't approve of improvised stunts on the spur of the moment trying to make a point.

Yep, going deep under cover in a foreign land where the agent has to totally conceal their weapon and could be discovered & killed at any moment doesn't compare to anything we might encounter here in the USA. And the Israelis only live in a country where multiple terrorist can strike at any moment with automatic weapons, shoulder fired missiles, hand grenades & IED's... that certainly doesn't rise to any thing we might encounter here in the USA does it. If their Draw works in those kinds of situations.. we Americans certainly couldn't expect it to ever work on a common everyday self defense situation.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is funny when people get tunnel vision and can't visualize between play acting & goofing around versus the real world. I'm sure Israel would deeply appreciate you two flying over to Israel and teaching their military [which is probably in the top 3 in the world] and the Massad [which is probably the 1st or 2nd best Intellegince agency in the world] a thing or two about self defense techniques. Yep, bet you could show them how their Draw system which has been used for years and proven itself time and again in the field is ineffective and all wrong. Just think of all the highly trained special forces soldiers & Massad agents who developed & use that 'Draw' that you guys could save. They will be working overtime to retrain all their forces. :D
Do you actually know why they use their specific draw? It has a specific purpose and im curious if you know what it is. Do you know why our military (arguably #1 in the world) or say the Brits ( including the SAS) dont use that system? I love it when people blindly follow doctrine but don't know the purpose of said doctrine. Please, go teach your ways to LAV, Kyle Lamb, Paul Howe, Chris Kyle, Matt Bassonette, etc. I'm sure they'll change to the Israeli way. Southnarc and Michael Brown will probably convert to Izzy also. Heck, Todd Louis Green and Tom Givens will too. Since you brought it up, what was your employment you got your FOF training?

Please, answer these questions befor you continue this convo. Please?

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't putting down force on force training, as I've gone though many hours of it.. I just don't approve of improvised stunts on the spur of the moment trying to make a point.

Yep, going deep under cover in a foreign land where the agent has to totally conceal their weapon and could be discovered & killed at any moment doesn't compare to anything we might encounter here in the USA. And the Israelis only live in a country where multiple terrorist can strike at any moment with automatic weapons, shoulder fired missiles, hand grenades & IED's... that certainly doesn't rise to any thing we might encounter here in the USA does it. If their Draw works in those kinds of situations.. we Americans certainly couldn't expect it to ever work on a common everyday self defense situation.
See my previous post. And you're sure UC Mossad carries that way huh? Should we all carry .22 lr and magnums? Do you know why Mossad does that sometimes?

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You make perfect sense, however, I do enjoy the 8lb trigger and am quite accurate with it. The biggest difference in the two triggers I have seen is there is now a definite breaking point in the travel. Before you couldnt feel when the gun was about to go off. Now I know, the trigger stops at a certain point, then boom. Having not shot many revolvers because Dad just didnt have any when I was growing up, does a revolver trigger feel the same way or is it just heavier?
GTG pretty muched summed it up. Glocks are like double action AR triggers. Revos are like long heavy Remington 700 or 870 triggers. Double action Revos are a long, heavy single stage press. Think Sig double action. Good revolvers will have a smooth press, at pretty much a constant weight with long travel and reset. Glocks are like a 2 stage. Lighter takeup, a wall, then a heavier break.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just stirring the pot to get a rise out of people. I'm not trying to change anyone to any certain method. Like I posted earlier, I carry a Glock with one in the chamber all the time. I not gonna quibble with people and tell them they are 100% wrong for not carrying chamber loaded. I don't think that 5-tenths of a second longer to rack a round is gonna matter one bit in a real life self defense situation. It is people's hesitation to pull the trigger once they draw that is more likely to get a person with a Carry Permit killed.

Whether it is a person with a Glock that has a New York Trigger having a 11 pound pull... or a guy carrying a Semi-auto with a empty chamber using the Israeli Draw, or a guy with a revolver with a heavy trigger pull and holsterd with a thumb strap... if they practice with their weapon, they will probably be within about 5-tenths of a second of each other. The difference isn't worth all the hullabaloo that has been stirred up in this thread. Just practice with the method you decide to use and don't be switching back & forth from one style to another. The recently posted video of the guy accidently shooting himself in the leg demonstrated what can happen with inconsitant training. He trained one way in the morning, then switched to different gun & holster in the evening.... and shot himself.

Last edited:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret City Weaponeers Y-12 TL. It was supposed ot come with OWB loops as well as IWB, but they didn't arrive and so far, my attempts to get Tony to send them to me have failed. It really sucks, because this is some of the best kydex gear I've ever laid hands on. :(

thanks .. just sent an order for one (no $$ sent) ... we'll see if this actually happens.

edit: good grief there's a ton of negative info on Tony ... seems everyone says good things about holster, when they finally get it. they took down the pre-pay order button.

can't say you didn't try warning me...

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. Since you brought it up, what was your employment you got your FOF training?

Please, answer these questions befor you continue this convo. Please?[/QUOTE]
he is a 5'7" 300+lb former prison guard
the point is when that thug jumps on you at the atm your not gonna be able to draw your pistol and rack the slide

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. Since you brought it up, what was your employment you got your FOF training?

Please, answer these questions befor you continue this convo. Please?
he is a 5'7" 300+lb former prison guard
the point is when that thug jumps on you at the atm your not gonna be able to draw your pistol and rack the slide[/QUOTE]

You've been watching that Crimson Trace video again, haven't you! That bad guy with the baseball bat is gonna come up behind you at the ATM and knock you down... and you are gonna draw your concealed weapon while lying on your back and shoot him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom