Who did the doggie drive by and dump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a dog loving fool but, loose dogs in the sticks cause all sorts of issues and unfortunately if they run you only have 1 choice. The ice cream jerk turned dog catcher, cause he is the mayors village idiot nephew, will not leave the city limits!!
Oil field trash so Dad was gone most of the time so I was the family animal control!!

Yes I know, I lived in the country for years and have seen grass fires burn into a tree line and packs of wild dogs run out. I have shot a few myself. I just hate to do it. If I could I would come out and try to trap them for you.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mentioned pills, did you see an MD? Could have a chip fracture or worse. I don't know how young or old you are but in the years down the road you are going to have some arthritis in that ankle! I habla from s'perence. I have some major arthritis on the right ankle.

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I came home for lunch today there were 8 half grown chow/rot/lab looking puppies in my yard and garage. Seems someone dropped them off from the evidence of wood shavings and little pieces of puppy chow in the road In front of my house. Damnit, I told the wife and girls to shut the garage door when they left. Thats a title to another thread someday. The black bas@#$s scattered in 19 different directions when I pulled up and my 2 dogs bailed off the truck and started to rip their butts. As I grabbed my 10/22 from the back seat of my truck I noticed several of my boots, shoes, girls softball gloves, a couple water proof jackets and a lonely pink croc in the yard. As I went through the back door towards the shop where some of them ran I came across a backyard covered in trash- that’s a title for another thread cause the girls were told to get that stinking trash hauled to the burn barrel. I ran in the west door but my dogs had already cleared the barn. It was then I noticed the stirrups on the 2 saddle that rest on the bottom racks had been chewed on along with the stirrup leathers.
I could hear my dogs yapping from an old barn across from my house. I approached with skills only a Green Beret, Navy Seal Ninja would have. I stepped into the barn looking along the floor for any movement when suddenly what I thought were the Angels Of Death came swooping down on me. I pooped and peed a little. Could’ve been a pair of pterodactyls but was just a pair of barn owls. I had made an athletic move to save myself and when I did the shear power of my over muscled body stuck one of my feet in between some boards and the feed bunk. My ankle popped so loud I thought my gun went off.
Had to use an old rake for a cane and made it back to the house. Put my dogs in the house and I got some dog food and the Southwest Chicken casserole my MIL made-that will kill them faster than lead-and put it in my front yard just outside the window by my recliner. Took the screen of the window and raised the window up. Iced down a huge glass of Jim Beam and Ginger ale, took some prescription pain meds, filled up my ice machine cold pack for the ankle and now it’s a waiting game from my Barcolounger stand with my 10/22. My ankle swelled up so bad that my once long toes look like they belong on an oompaloompa.
If anyone wants to cry about what’s fixing to happen I’d be more than happy to have you come up and I can take a 5 iron to your ankle, then put on my underwear I had on this afternoon and you can try and talk to the dogs in your squealy little voice you use when you talk to a newborn and do some dog whispering.
As far as mixing liquor and pills, I do realize it’s not the proper thing to do and does not set a good example but I’ve never been good at setting good examples. I’m safely tucked into my living room with a good secure backstop and miles upon miles of open country.
2 pair handmade boot=$400 each
3softball gloves=$300
Saddle repair=$250
2 waterproof jackets=$275
1 croc that’s lonely from the disappearance of its mate=$1View attachment 207079

Physical and emotional pain and suffering =$ depends on how well the booze and pills work. To be figured later.
Hopefully getting rid of the canine vermin= $priceless.
Now just wait a damned minute here. How could you.............ruin a glass of Jim Beam? Come on man.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mentioned pills, did you see an MD? Could have a chip fracture or worse. I don't know how young or old you are but in the years down the road you are going to have some arthritis in that ankle! I habla from s'perence. I have some major arthritis on the right ankle.
A cowboy lives with arthritis till the day he dies until then he just keeps going

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as anyone might not like it, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. At the place in Bristow the neighbor had some dogs that constantly got lose and chased the kids and nipped at them several times. He's was informed that if I caught them they will be shot. He's response: "Do what you have to."

Come to find out not long after that conversation he did the job himself. I'm sure it sucked, but I have to admire his taking responsibility for stopping the threat they were causing.

Last edited:

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Beam and pain pills sent me to sleepy town. Just woke up when the family came home. I was covered with mosquitoes from my window being open. My daughters came in the house asking why there were a bunch of dogs in the front yard. Massive failure on the eradication plans. We’ll see what tomorrow brings other than a headache and swollen ankle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Beam and pain pills sent me to sleepy town. Just woke up when the family came home. I was covered with mosquitoes from my window being open. My daughters came in the house asking why there were a bunch of dogs in the front yard. Massive failure on the eradication plans. We’ll see what tomorrow brings other than a headache and swollen ankle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Get that thermacell going tomorrow night!

Latest posts

Top Bottom