Who do you use for internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cox for Internet. Have an antenna in the attic, two Roku devices, an Amazon firetvstick, Netflix, and Sling TV - phooey on a buncha cable TV! Got more choices than I used to have with cable and lots less cash outgoing to watch the TV now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you get sports channels with your set up?

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cox internet and an antenna for OTA channels. For everything else there is my Plex. Every once in awhile I will watch a hockey game using my father's account with comcast but it's so few and far between it's not worth me getting anything else.

Right now I have about 2.4TiB of movies and 1.5TiB of tv shows. I have 7.3 TiB of space free and I am going to start adding some 4K stuff soon.

FreeNAS Media.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exceed sat internet. It sucks. Contract is up this month. Looking......
for you and the OP also, look into At Link. I had them for several years before I moved and I had 0 issues.
It;s hit or miss if you can get a signal from your house but they will come out for free and check it for you.
http://www.atlinkservices.com/

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a lot of good choices at a reasonable price where I live in Midwest City, so I've been doing COX for the last several years for both my Internet and [landline] phone. I also have Netflix, Pandora, Youtube, and ESPN2, all of which I use on a regular basis. I am seriously thinking about adding an OTA antenna for local channels and, perhaps, adding some additional Internet supplied media programs to my entertainment suite.
Cable companies violation of their original promise of 'tv without commercials' as well as their outlandish prices and packages that always include unwanted content, prevents me from ever giving them my hard earned cash. These days there are just too may better choices available to waste time and money on cable companies that just don't get the message.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for you and the OP also, look into At Link. I had them for several years before I moved and I had 0 issues.
It;s hit or miss if you can get a signal from your house but they will come out for free and check it for you.
http://www.atlinkservices.com/

Thanks for the heads up. Our main issue is that we are surrounded by tall trees on a hillside.
I will give them a call though. It never hurts to see what new technology they have.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Our main issue is that we are surrounded by tall trees on a hillside.
I will give them a call though. It never hurts to see what new technology they have.
Yep, trees were the issue at my current place and I had to go with AT&T but I'm just renting now. When I get the new house, I'll call them again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom