Who eats sardines, if so, how?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tabasco or mustard with a spoon.
Always Tobasco, that went without saying in this group...

I have tried about 50 hot sauces trying to find the ONE hot sauce I can use for everything and I just can't find anything better. I did also discovered this mid-eastern chili sauce at that is REALLY good, so sometimes I use that on fried eggs just to mix it up a little, but Tabasco has even replaced Louisiana hot sauce for fried chicken.

I'm going to try them and the fish steaks as I usually do canned tuna salad:

- everything bagel flavored multigrain large round cracker or whatever you have on hand
- slice of cheese (mix it up on each cracker, I use pepper jack a lot or smoked cheddar)
- optional thin slice of onion where the rings are in-tact and same size as the cracker
- large slicked pickle (I like spicy pickles)
- tuna salad or in this case sardine or kipper
- shot of Tabasco
- generous portion of fresh ground pepper

enjoy!

Used to eat sardine sandwiches. Lay them whole on a slice of bread or mash them up like tuna and mix in mayo add some lettuce on top and Bob's your uncle. You might want to consider smoked kippers as well. Probably the same health benefits and a little tastier IMHO. I like to warm them up a little in the tin by the campfire or on the stove, then just put a chunk on a saltine and a cold beer to follow it up. Makes a great field meal or afternoon snack.
Yeah the kippers sound good, I will get some soon...I prefer my sardines in olive oil and add my own hot sauce because the watery ones are too fishy and the flavored ones come in soyboy oil and have chemicals in them. I am hoping the kippers come in olive oil too as an option.

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like this...

1653607497729.png

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Always Tobasco, that went without saying in this group...

I have tried about 50 hot sauces trying to find the ONE hot sauce I can use for everything and I just can't find anything better. I did also discovered this mid-eastern chili sauce at that is REALLY good, so sometimes I use that on fried eggs just to mix it up a little, but Tabasco has even replaced Louisiana hot sauce for fried chicken.

I'm going to try them and the fish steaks as I usually do canned tuna salad:

- everything bagel flavored multigrain large round cracker or whatever you have on hand
- slice of cheese (mix it up on each cracker, I use pepper jack a lot or smoked cheddar)
- optional thin slice of onion where the rings are in-tact and same size as the cracker
- large slicked pickle (I like spicy pickles)
- tuna salad or in this case sardine or kipper
- shot of Tabasco
- generous portion of fresh ground pepper

enjoy!

Yeah the kippers sound good, I will get some soon...I prefer my sardines in olive oil and add my own hot sauce because the watery ones are too fishy and the flavored ones come in soyboy oil and have chemicals in them. I am hoping the kippers come in olive oil too as an option.
kippers don't taste very fishy at all, especially if you warm them a bit. the smoked flavor really comes thru. smoked fish is awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom